I just got the Galaxy S4 from TMobile and want to know if I can change the layout/design of the phone dial pad screen/interface. I am a certified slowpoke when it comes to widgets, wallpapers, launchers, etc. so I'm hoping it isn't too hard to do this, if it's possible at all. I would also love to change the layout of the chat screen, lock screen, home screen, all of the app icons, etc. Basically the interface isn't appealing to me and I want to simplify it. I've tried loading wallpapers, launchers, and other apps from the Play Store but none of them come with detailed instructions so I can't figure out how to use them.

Any advice or direction or suggested reading would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    07-31-2013 04:42 PM
    I recommend Buzz launcher for your Homescreen, it's lightweight and easy IMHO. Widgetlocker for your lockscreen, Chomp for your Sms. You may have to get a 3rd party dialer if there is one, that's one thing I've never really looked into customizing.
    Those other apps will let you change whatever you want. Just play around with them and ask a question if you get hung up on something.

If you PM me with a specific question I'll even try to walk you through with whatever you can't figure out.
    07-31-2013 05:05 PM
    I just got the Galaxy S4 from TMobile and want to know if I can change the layout/design of the phone dial pad screen/interface. I am a certified slowpoke when it comes to widgets, wallpapers, launchers, etc. so I'm hoping it isn't too hard to do this, if it's possible at all. I would also love to change the layout of the chat screen, lock screen, home screen, all of the app icons, etc. Basically the interface isn't appealing to me and I want to simplify it. I've tried loading wallpapers, launchers, and other apps from the Play Store but none of them come with detailed instructions so I can't figure out how to use them.

Any advice or direction or suggested reading would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    For phone dial pad - exDialer, really like this app lets you customize big time and has plenty of themes.

Chat screen - such as? I don't know what you mean here.

Lock screen - Widget Locker, best there is.

Home screens/app icons - You can't go wrong with Nova it has anything you want for customizing your home screen. From transparent notification bar to no bar at all, resizing icons, changing icon themes to many many more things.

Hope this helps!
    07-31-2013 06:14 PM
    "Chat screen - such as? I don't know what you mean here."

I think I mean the screen where you text back and forth with someone with the voice balloons showing the conversation. I guess "chat" isn't the right word. I told you I was a certified slowpoke, but maybe certified luddite is more appropriate!

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks for responding to my query. I'll look into the things both of you suggest. I really appreciate it.
    07-31-2013 08:31 PM