I've had the issue where my s4 will creak if pressed about 3/4 down on the right hand side, this is especially noticeable when removing the back casing and almost sounds as if something is loose.
    I'm pretty sure it's always been like this in the 10weeks of owning this phone, however yesterday after I changed the back casing it especially annoyed me and I went to have a closer look to see if I could find anything causing the creaking noise..
    Basically what I found was on the right side indeed around 3/4 down the silver casing surrounding the phone is slightly raised in a place about an inch up, and about 2cm wide..

I'm pretty sure this issue was in faulty production as I have never noticed this before, and couldn't have possibly done this myself, it basically looks as though the silver casing has not been put on correctly..

The volume button is also very loose and will wiggle without me really touching it, although from other threads I have seen I'm not the only one with this issue..

About the casing issue.. Is this something samsung will cover within their warranty? I have emailed them but not received anything back as of yet..

The issue isn't really that bad, but when I've paid lots of money for a smartphone, it's a little disappointing

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Silver casing around s4 slightly raised on right side?-image.jpg  
    08-01-2013 04:43 AM
    I've had the issue where my s4 will creak if pressed about 3/4 down on the right hand side, this is especially noticeable when removing the back casing and almost sounds as if something is loose.
    I'm pretty sure it's always been like this in the 10weeks of owning this phone, however yesterday after I changed the back casing it especially annoyed me and I went to have a closer look to see if I could find anything causing the creaking noise..
    Basically what I found was on the right side indeed around 3/4 down the silver casing surrounding the phone is slightly raised in a place about an inch up, and about 2cm wide..

I'm pretty sure this issue was in faulty production as I have never noticed this before, and couldn't have possibly done this myself, it basically looks as though the silver casing has not been put on correctly..

The volume button is also very loose and will wiggle without me really touching it, although from other threads I have seen I'm not the only one with this issue..

About the casing issue.. Is this something samsung will cover within their warranty? I have emailed them but not received anything back as of yet..

The issue isn't really that bad, but when I've paid lots of money for a smartphone, it's a little disappointing

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks guys!
    That is definitely something to ask the carrier or Samsung to repair or replace the device with a new one. Did you get the phone through the carrier? If possible, take action sooner rather than later so further problems don't start happening. If it's truly a hardware defect there shouldn't be any problem with either outlet providing a new device - though I have a feeling the carrier will ask you to contact Samsung.

Here is their support page for reference: Samsung
    08-06-2013 07:45 PM