New Email Notification while on Call, how to shut off vibrate?

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
While on a call, my phone vibrates whenever I get a new email. I have all notifications while on call set to off. I can get 10 emails in a 5 minute call so it is maddening to have the phone vibrating the entire time.

Can someone clue me in on a setting to stop this behavior?

Thanks.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure which email app you're using but in Gmail there is a setting within the email app to enable or disable vibration with notifications.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Using the stock app. Don't want to disable vibrate though, just want it to stop vibrating while I am on a call.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
There is a setting under call settings with a check box for turning on alerts during calls. Presumably, it sure turn off those alerts when not checked. Unfortunately, it does not work. I get extremely frustrated when on a call with someone, I receive and email and get the vibrate notification and they ask "what in the world was that?" I, too, want to leave my vibrate notifications on, just not when I am on a call. if there is another way to stop them, I am interested too.

Brian Hyland

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. The "turn on alerts" button is UNCHECKED and the phone still vibrates during calls. I do not want to turn off vibration. ONLY when I am on a call. Good word you used, nyc_rock... this is MADDENING!

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I ended up using Tasker. It is terribly unintuitive, but once I figured it out it has worked fine. It turns off notifications while the phone is "off hook" and then turns them back on once the phone is idle.

wlawler911

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I just bought Tasker for this purpose... Could you help me with where the "off hook" command is?

I ended up using Tasker. It is terribly unintuitive, but once I figured it out it has worked fine. It turns off notifications while the phone is "off hook" and then turns them back on once the phone is idle.

cactus2016

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
The setting for your email are in your microsoft exchange settings (if you are using outlook). Look for your alert settings within your email app and you can switch it off there!
Finally! Some peace and quiet when on phone calls!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma