In my history of searches, it doesn't remember things I've searched. Randomly, it lists a number of places I searched for a few weeks ago, but that's it. Those places are constantly in my search history, but they are it. I don't understand why if I search for "Target" why doesn't it continue to appear in my search history?
    08-01-2013 06:30 PM
    Go to your All Apps screen, tap Google Settings, then Search. Make sure Web History is turned on.
    08-01-2013 06:44 PM
    Go to your All Apps screen, tap Google Settings, then Search. Make sure Web History is turned on.
    But that turns on the feature which sync my web search history across devices. That's not what I want. I just want Maps to remember my Maps searches. I don't want my Chrome on my S4 to show up all my google searches from all my devices.
    08-02-2013 12:52 AM
    But Google essentially syncs all of your searches across your devices and the cloud--it's the whole cloud philosophy. I don't think there's any way for Google Maps to remember search results locally only.
    08-02-2013 01:58 AM
    This was my question too - on my EVO, I used Telenav and it would give me a list of recent searches. I used it all the time like if I looked up an address the day before I went somewhere and wanted to pull it up again the next day, but now, you have to start over every single time and it's annoying. Are there any simple map apps that just give directions and are not constantly trying to suggest restaurants and link my internet searches to my maps?
    01-13-2014 04:10 PM
    Hit the last icon on the search bar you'll see your recent searches.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    01-14-2014 03:22 AM
    But Google essentially syncs all of your searches across your devices and the cloud--it's the whole cloud philosophy. I don't think there's any way for Google Maps to remember search results locally only.
    It's code. They can write whatever they want
    10-29-2016 01:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Wow, 3-year old thread. Anyway, sure, they can write whatever they want. But you'd have to talk to the folks over at 1600 Amphitheater Drive to tell them what to write.
    10-29-2016 03:35 PM