Anyone seen the arctic blue (or aurora red) gs4 in real life? Opinions?

paddylaz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering as considering it as a purchase....have checked out a couple of youtube videos but they seem to look different in various shots. Would welcome any first hand impressions-especailly in relation to the black and whites ones. None in stock round where I live so thought I'd give it a go here.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Lighting in videos can give it different looks. I haven't ever seen either of these. During Valentine's Day, I wanted a red Note 2 for my girlfriend. I heard they had them around but couldn't ever find them. Some of the colors they have are extremely hard to find.

paddylaz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks anyway - have gambled and taken the plunge and ordered the 'blue arctic' which will be here tomorrow.

Will upload some photos if anyone is interested.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess if you trust yourself enough to go "naked" with the phone, getting a different color would be an ok option to have available, but since I put a case on all my phones to protect them, colors are pointless since they get covered by said case.

A co-worker got the blue one, it looks fine, but tough to distinguish it from the black one unless you get real close to it.

paddylaz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess if you trust yourself enough to go "naked" with the phone, getting a different color would be an ok option to have available, but since I put a case on all my phones to protect them, colors are pointless since they get covered by said case.

A co-worker got the blue one, it looks fine, but tough to distinguish it from the black one unless you get real close to it.

Yeah fair point - I do always 'go naked' though. I'm very careful with my phones (even after the 'honeymoon period' is over, and usually designate a pocket for them so they don't scratch against car keys, coins etc.

Glad to hear it looks ok. Was kind of in the market for something different from the norm....but will take what I get either way. Cheers guys.

Last edited:

MagicMike Kelley

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I saw the chocolate one at the local Wireless Zone - blegh. Not a fan. I don't even really like it in black. The phone just looks 'right' in white. There are some phones that seem designed for a specific color. The 'Droid' phones, for example, I can't imagine in any other color.

paddylaz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I saw the chocolate one at the local Wireless Zone - blegh. Not a fan. I don't even really like it in black. The phone just looks 'right' in white. There are some phones that seem designed for a specific color. The 'Droid' phones, for example, I can't imagine in any other color.

Yeah the white is slick....the ONLY thing that bugs me about the white is that it's the colour that most strongly shows that black border between the inner bezel and the start of the display. Especially so because I've noticed on some gs4s it's not quite even (i.e. one side will appear thicker/thinner than the other). But yes white has a kind of purity about it.

Went for blue because it's new and also because I actually used to have a gs4 in the past that I swapped out for a lumia 920......eventually came back due to a couple of things I couldn't live with long term (app limitations, ecosystem etc).

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
They have the red one at ATT stores where I live. Haven't seen the blue. If they had the blue at the time I bought my phone, I would have probably gotten that one. Looks sexy!

paddylaz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Could've waited a bit for the red (i'm buying sim free), but decided to go for the blue primarily based on this and similar photos. Might look different in real life but thought the blue looked nice enough at least from this perspective:

samsung-galaxy-s4-lte-a-box-up.jpg

Will upload a snap or too tomorrow when delivery guy gets here

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Could've waited a bit for the red (i'm buying sim free), but decided to go for the blue primarily based on this and similar photos. Might look different in real life but thought the blue looked nice enough at least from this perspective:

http://www.samsunggalaxys4manual.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/samsung-galaxy-s4-lte-a-box-up.jpg

Will upload a snap or too tomorrow when delivery guy gets here

I love the color red the most but I must say the s4 looks awesome in that blue. It really makes the phone pop.

Sent from my Galaxy S IV