So when I'm typing sometimes the cursor will just randomly jump to somewhere in the body of text that I've already typed out, it will sometimes delete part of a word and also when editing and scrolling through the body the whole page the browsers on will zip up to the top of the page.
    Doesn't happen all the time, it's not now, and seems to get worse when you type a word that you've typed earlier in the same message.
    Does this happen to anyone else? It's rather frustrating.
    08-02-2013 08:31 PM
    So when I'm typing sometimes the cursor will just randomly jump to somewhere in the body of text that I've already typed out, it will sometimes delete part of a word and also when editing and scrolling through the body the whole page the browsers on will zip up to the top of the page.
    Doesn't happen all the time, it's not now, and seems to get worse when you type a word that you've typed earlier in the same message.
    Does this happen to anyone else? It's rather frustrating.
    Does this happen when entering text in a particular text field or app? For example, I used to have issues with entering text on forums using the web browser - similar to what you are describing. When entering text elsewhere, such as the messaging app or email, everything would be fine.

Also, are you using a Beta version or version available from the Play Store?
    08-03-2013 12:50 AM
    It's on forums, hmm I didn't even think about it being maybe browser related but I guess it could be. I use Boat Browser and the latest SwiftKey.
    Hasn't been such a big deal that I've been testing it with other browsers, just a random annoyance.
    08-03-2013 01:46 AM
    It's on forums, hmm I didn't even think about it being maybe browser related but I guess it could be. I use Boat Browser and the latest SwiftKey.
    Hasn't been such a big deal that I've been testing it with other browsers, just a random annoyance.
    I know what you mean. It's happened to me in the past and it could be frustrating - its no longer happening with Chrome.

Do you by chance use the Android Central App for the forums? It makes reading and posting a lot easier.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2013 10:29 AM
    I'll give that a shot thanks.
    Though it'll still happen on other forums too, I'll play around with browsers and see if it's just a boat/SwiftKey issue.
    08-03-2013 10:54 AM
    I have the Galaxy S4 and I use Swiftkey. This problem has been happening all the time to me lately and it pisses me off. It puts a letter in front of my cursor as I type, deletes whole words, adds in words I didn't even type, and moves all over the place on it's own. I can slowly type in the word, "dog" and it will change it to "dogdogdog idog", or something to that effect. It gets old having to correct all the time. It didn't do this when I was using the free version. It only started after I paid for the app. I'm uninstalling and going to complain to Swiftkey because this is a damn joke. It takes me 5 minutes sometimes to type up a 3 line text because of all the backspacing, deleting, etc that I have to do.

Also, I have this problem in text, on any of the browsers I use, etc, etc. It happens in any app or program on my phone that requires typing. Mine Swiftkey app is completely updated. I'm not sure why this is happening but I hate it. I am, however, glad that it's probably just the app and not my actual phone.
    Rgrace001 likes this.
    08-21-2013 01:41 PM
    For me, it happens in all parts of the phone, not just in a browser. I can be typing a text, email, on a webpage, searching for an app, etc.
    08-21-2013 01:43 PM
    I have the same problem! Did you find a fix? I do a lot of writing using Microsoft Word and the keyboard problems are driving me crazy! Please let me know the fix. Thanks
    02-21-2017 01:22 PM