Changing ringtones/notifications for contacts... confused!

dotsgurl

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Just made the switch from iPhone 5 to the s4. I'm hoping someone can help me with my question.

I want to set different tones/alerts for different contacts... HOWEVER, even though I have changed them from the default setting within the contact information, the default sound sounds whenever I get a message. It's the same for vibrations. One contact I have, I don't want to hear or feel anything from, but I can't get it to stop. I have to be missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just made the switch from iPhone 5 to the s4. I'm hoping someone can help me with my question.

I want to set different tones/alerts for different contacts... HOWEVER, even though I have changed them from the default setting within the contact information, the default sound sounds whenever I get a message. It's the same for vibrations. One contact I have, I don't want to hear or feel anything from, but I can't get it to stop. I have to be missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Can you click on the contact, then click menu? Does that bring up set ringtone options?

dotsgurl

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you click on the contact, then click menu? Does that bring up set ringtone options?

Thank you for responding! When I click on the menu, it brings up several options. Nothing specifically with ringtone options. It does have edit. When I select edit, it takes me to the area where I have already changed the ringtone/alert settings. The settings are set now, but only work when it is in the sound setting. I guess I was hoping that the settings I set would work in all three settings (especially the vibrate mode). I could do this with my BlackBerry. I had the entire phone silent except for the several contacts that I wanted to ring or vibrate through. UGH!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Kind of weird. I'll check it tomorrow and get back here, it's late now and I'm already in bed (01:16 am).

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!