Hi
    I want to buy a 32G micro SD card for my Samsung galaxy S4.i9505
    I know it cant be used for apps but I want to use it for storing movies etc.
    The Samsung spec gives "microSD" but I have seen "microSDHC class 4" cards advertised
    will these cards work in my S 4 ??
    Any help would be appreciated.
    08-04-2013 07:28 AM
    I believe the fastest microsdcard is class 10.
    Many sizes from multiple manufacturers are available.
    08-04-2013 09:44 AM
    1. I believe class 10 are the fastest. Get application Sandisk Memory Zone: it has a tool to test read/write to card and will recommend a model. Then you can get rid of the app...

2. Samsung has issued an update that adds the ability to install apps on the SD card. It's not available everywhere yet, though. They started with Germany, and I believe that Latin America have it for unbranded phones. I'm still waiting on it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-04-2013 11:20 AM
    I use a 64GB Sandisk Extreme in my i337 so you should be able to use any SD card you'd like. Do at least get a class 10 card as the performance difference over the lower classed cards is very tangible. However, I do recommend that you format the card in your S4 for best compatibility.

Sent from my Eclipsed S4
    08-04-2013 12:29 PM
    Hi
    I want to buy a 32G micro SD card for my Samsung galaxy S4.i9505
    I know it cant be used for apps but I want to use it for storing movies etc.
    The Samsung spec gives "microSD" but I have seen "microSDHC class 4" cards advertised
    will these cards work in my S 4 ??
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Yes SDHC will work. On amazon you can get 32gb card class 10 for $20 bucks.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-04-2013 03:41 PM
    Hi Many thanks to you all for your helpful comments and advice ----I'm new to this smartfone world and I didnt know about the class rating of the microSD card.
    I have now purchassed a SanDisk microSDHC 32 GB class10 card
    Many thanks to you all once again.
    Ed27
    08-05-2013 08:44 AM
    Just to add to all this:
    1) microSD and mircoSDHC are basically the same thing, but with different capacities. Newer cards with high data capacities like 16GB, 32GB are microSD HC (High Capacity). Unless you're dealing with old devices, they are compatible with any microSD card reader.

2) Class 4 and Class 10 cards differ in their read/write speeds. While a Class 10 is faster (and therefore more expensive), it all depends on what you intend to use the card for. Class 10 should be optimal for FullHD Video Recording but Class 4 is also capable of handling this, even if it's pushing it to the limit.

3) Samsung and SanDisk have a history of 'not liking each other'. I'd suggest you hang on to your purchase receipt and/or warranty card for a few months. Most SanDisk cards (unfortunately for you, mostly 32GB ones) tend to mount/unmount themselves randomly in the latest Samsung devices. It used to be a problem with SanDisk's chips but now, it seems, the phones are also somewhat to blame.

4) Yes, an update by Samsung now allows SOME apps to be installed to SD Card, but if your phone is carrier-branded, it has to wait until said carrier releases it (which can take a while, if at all). In my case, I just got the update last week (Mexico's Telcel).
    MichaelBR likes this.
    08-05-2013 01:40 PM
    RE: #3 above......

This has not been an issue for me since the latest software update...MF3 via my ATT carrier.
    I had numerous "damaged sdcard", "unmounted", etc. and nothing fixed until the update!
    08-05-2013 03:31 PM
    Picked up my Sandisk 32 GB MicroSD card for well under $30
    08-06-2013 04:00 AM