Is it always supposed to be running? Mine is. I thought I disabled it in it's settings but I must have missed something else somewhere. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm not a big fan of Google play music. I've even uninstalled it. Then I restarted my phone one day and it reinstalled.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-04-2013 10:34 PM
    Disabling it should work.
    08-04-2013 10:34 PM
    I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: So I went into my Google accounts on my phone and Google play music isn't there. Movies, magazines and all that is there and unchecked. It's been driving me nuts from the beginning.

08-04-2013 10:40 PM
    I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: So I went into my Google accounts on my phone and Google play music isn't there. Movies, magazines and all that is there and unchecked. It's been driving me nuts from the beginning.

We bought 2 S4s on the same day and only mine had the Google Play Music issue you were/are having. I tried disabling it to no avail. While this was happening, my battery was draining really quick ans taking between 6 &8 hours to charge. Went back to Sprint & they had no explanation. What I've found was to uninstall the Google Play music update & that solved both issues with it running in background and battery drain. On a reboot it installed the update automatically and the probs started again so I uninstalled the update & disabled auto-update & haven't had either issue since. I think I saw another update available but didn't bother trying it to see if it fixed those other 2 issues.
    08-05-2013 09:54 AM
    We bought 2 S4s on the same day and only mine had the Google Play Music issue you were/are having. I tried disabling it to no avail. While this was happening, my battery was draining really quick ans taking between 6 &8 hours to charge. Went back to Sprint & they had no explanation. What I've found was to uninstall the Google Play music update & that solved both issues with it running in background and battery drain. On a reboot it installed the update automatically and the probs started again so I uninstalled the update & disabled auto-update & haven't had either issue since. I think I saw another update available but didn't bother trying it to see if it fixed those other 2 issues.
    I did the same thing today. Hopefully it stays uninstalled and disabled. It was a huge drain on my battery. Was driving me nuts. I'll post up if it does it again.

NellieRose likes this.
    08-05-2013 10:41 PM
    I keep it disabled now. So far it hasn't given me any problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    NellieRose likes this.
    08-31-2013 10:24 PM