Internal memory says 180mgb when it should be full.

LaidbacknMn1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Have a tmo gs4. Roots fine etc. Flashed 4.3 rom and my internal storage went from 6 gb to 180mgb. Restored my back up and no change even after cleaning up the memory. Did a reset blah blah. Am I missing something?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Have a tmo gs4. Roots fine etc. Flashed 4.3 rom and my internal storage went from 6 gb to 180mgb. Restored my back up and no change even after cleaning up the memory. Did a reset blah blah. Am I missing something?

When you made your backup...where did you save it to? chances are that's what's eating up your storage space. If you're using TWRP or CWM, you should specify to do your backups to the sdcard, because I believe either will by default write to the internal storage. Those backups can be several GB in size.

Using a file explorer, look for a "TWRP" or "ClockworkMod" folder (depending on which you use) on the root of your internal storage and see if there's anything under "Backup". If so, you probably want to delete that folder, then go make a new backup, making sure to save to SD card.

LaidbacknMn1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You're right everything went to internal SD on cwm. Had to reset again and uncheck Preferences to make things right . Appreciate the advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781