transferring all data to new phone

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
just recieved the replacement s4 to my overheating s4.
how can i transfer all my messages, pictures, files, apps and data and everyting on my old phone to the new one.
please help.. thanks in advance.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I personally use MyBackup Pro every time I swap phones. You can save apps, data, call logs, texts, MMS, photos, etc on your SD card with that program.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
just recieved the replacement s4 to my overheating s4.
how can i transfer all my messages, pictures, files, apps and data and everyting on my old phone to the new one.
please help.. thanks in advance.

For some of this, it depends on how you saved it...

With media (pics, movies, and other files), you can either just switch the SDcard to the new phone, or if you're using internal memory, you'll have to connect the old phone to a computer, back up the contents, then transfer them to the new phone.

Apps should re-install themselves automatically from the play store.

Regarding messages and data, some of that can't be backed up unless the phone is rooted. It's been a long time since I've had to do it, but at the very least you'll probably need to run a backup app on the old phone, and then restore it to the new phone. I'm sure others can be more specific with this one. (EDIT: See above about "My Backup")

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
kiesk on mac and windows are not working on back up and restore!!!!. its so annoying. im trying the smart switch mobile now...

after 2 hours of using this stupid smart switch still not connected. i am on the same wifi connection, but cant connect. so its useless.
any help?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol