Textra. Wow it's so quick and smooth! Has one bug that's really annoying, doesn't work with blocking mode, which is sad. I just emailed the developer and let them know. If your looking for a new non heavy sms messager then look no further. I had go sms pro, very buggy always and laggy, chomp was great but for some reason I can't send mms and had to uninstall. Handcent is good but not really fast. Textra has something going.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    08-05-2013 10:55 PM
    Textra. Wow it's so quick and smooth! Has one bug that's really annoying, doesn't work with blocking mode, which is sad. I just emailed the developer and let them know. If your looking for a new non heavy sms messager then look no further. I had go sms pro, very buggy always and laggy, chomp was great but for some reason I can't send mms and had to uninstall. Handcent is good but not really fast. Textra has something going.
    Agree. I switched to Textra from Handcent not too long ago and it's fast, lightweight, looks good and just works. I don't need all the bloat of GoSMS or Handcent and gazillion customization options. This works perfect. I'd pay for this if I had to.
    08-06-2013 08:38 AM
    Guess I will check this out as well then...
    08-06-2013 08:42 AM
    It's made from the same people who made ChompSMS so I've been thinking of taking a look at it.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    08-06-2013 08:56 AM
    It is a great app.
    08-06-2013 01:09 PM
    Did they fix the voice mail problem?
    08-06-2013 02:20 PM
    WIll any of these work w/ my Google Voice number or only w/ the normal carrier number?
    08-06-2013 02:54 PM
    WIll any of these work w/ my Google Voice number or only w/ the normal carrier number?
    There's a way to set google voice to work with it, go to google voice, settings, sync and notifications, receive text messages via messaging app, which ever messaging app u have set as default your texts should be sent to :-)
    08-06-2013 03:27 PM
    I don't have a galaxy s4, but I do use textra on my droid RAZR m and I love it. It is really smooth, fast, and lightweight.
    08-06-2013 07:29 PM
    I'm on verizon and my mms isn''t working for textra. Any help would be appreciated
    08-06-2013 08:30 PM
    I'm on verizon and my mms isn''t working for textra. Any help would be appreciated
    Email the developer. They respond fast.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sacha7905 likes this.
    08-06-2013 10:18 PM
    Thanks using it now... Could be useful...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE
    08-07-2013 01:46 AM
    I just want to confirm that, does this app having pop up notification. Like the screen is locked but it displays received SMS in pop up window..
    Thanks
    08-07-2013 01:53 AM
    It has pop up but not yet over lock screen. I left it for chomp just because of that and because badges on nova work with chomp. Textra is a great messaging app and once little features like that are improved I will be going back.
    08-07-2013 03:06 AM
    It has pop up but not yet over lock screen. I left it for chomp just because of that and because badges on nova work with chomp. Textra is a great messaging app and once little features like that are improved I will be going back.
    Ouch that kills it for me. I've used chompsms for years and it's because I can text from my lock screen.

08-07-2013 10:24 AM
    Yeah I thought that would be a killer for me but the benefits outweigh that for me at the moment. As good as the developer support is, I'm sure they have these added things in soon. I just appreciate an app that works without all the extra stuff.
    08-07-2013 10:37 AM
    Yeah I thought that would be a killer for me but the benefits outweigh that for me at the moment. As good as the developer support is, I'm sure they have these added things in soon. I just appreciate an app that works without all the extra stuff.
    What extra stuff? ChompSMS and Textra are made by the same people.

08-07-2013 11:55 AM
    What extra stuff? ChompSMS and Textra are made by the same people.

I know it's made by the same people but there's a reason they have 2 messaging apps. I don't like all the customization stufff of most of the app. Of course I can ignore but I just prefer the more lightweight, straightforward, simple app. Having said that, chomp is no where near the bloat of handcent and goSMS. Just my preference.
    08-07-2013 12:24 PM
    There's a way to set google voice to work with it, go to google voice, settings, sync and notifications, receive text messages via messaging app, which ever messaging app u have set as default your texts should be sent to :-)
    Thats not quite what I was looking for. I know I can do that w/ my GV# and the stock texting app, but that solution is a PITA, as it is not seamless. You can't send FROM your GV# unless you are replying. In effect, you now separated the SMS function into two different apps. NOT A GOOD SOLUTION.
    08-07-2013 02:02 PM
    I tried it for about a day. It's definitely lighter and quicker, but I don't like how the threads aren't as customizable as I'd like. The screen on the GS4 is so big, I don't like having the font of the conversation too large (even the font of the stock messaging app is too large for me).

I'll stick with chomp for a while longer.

08-07-2013 03:34 PM
    For some reason I cannot see badges on my stock messager or textra, only with chomp or go sms. I am using nova launcher and sms is checked for badges. Any ideas on how to fix that? As soon as badges are showing for textra and that pop up works with lock screen I will be going back. It's a shame because its really so much quicker then chomp, who knows I might go back in a few days just because of that and chomp just isn't as smooth as it. Decisions decisions lol
    08-08-2013 08:29 AM
    How do u get group messaging to work on these 3rd party apps though...

08-08-2013 09:39 AM