is the first ring on your s4 quiet?

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I just recently got the S4, and when someone calls, the first ring is really quiet and hard to hear, but the second ring is as per the volume settings, is this normal?

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Found a fix. There's an app called disable increasing ring on the play store. Tried it and it works.

Tip: After installing go to app info page and turn off notifications.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

go to settings/my device/call and disable "increase volume in pocket".

When this is enabled, it will ring at normal volume first...then if it detects anything near the phone, it will boost the volume up.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
cool, thank you

Try this:

go to settings/my device/call and disable "increase volume in pocket".

When this is enabled, it will ring at normal volume first...then if it detects anything near the phone, it will boost the volume up.

newgirl8

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S4. Love the phone but it is too quiet! I cannot hear the notifications - regardless of the tone or volume I choose. I contacted Samsung. They said it might be fixed - at some point. I asked if there was a way I could voice my concerns. They said I could contact Samsung voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST). Maybe if we all call it will be fixed sooner than later! ;)

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine is Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce, so I don't think so. I think it's all same volume
EDIT: Just used Google Device Manager to ring it, and nope, volume is good

Olo Sabandija

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
the app works, but I'm not a big fan of clogging the RAM with lots of stuff running on the back,

I guess I'll have to edit my ringtones to manually boost up the volume on the first seconds.

Anyone knows the default time before the ringtone starts being loud?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma