06-26-2014 03:08 AM
30 12
tools
    I am so FRUSTRATED! I updated my daughter's phone to a Galaxy S4, and I am unable to download or update ANYTHING from the Google Play Store, whether it be via Wifi or 4G.
    I have cleared the cache on the Google Play app, rebooted the phone, uninstalled Google Play updates, rebooted the phone, booted into recover, cleared cache, rebooted the phone, disconnected from Wifi, set it to forget the SSID, and reconnected.... NOTHING WORKS!
    I have a Galaxy Note 2.... and I don't have this problem AT ALL!
    Can someone PLEASE tell me how to FIX THIS..... otherwise I'm taking the phone back to get another one.
    FYI: The phone is not rooted
    bhcohen7 likes this.
    08-07-2013 11:06 PM
    I, also had this problem last night my GS4. After searching for HOURS, I just restored the phone. Now it's fine. It's pathetic. There's a fine line between flagship specs, and user friendliness. Take the phone back for sure. It took me all of today to get my stuff back on here.

Posted via Android Central App
    Terrance Ivy likes this.
    08-08-2013 12:08 AM
    I had this problem on my S4 Active on 2 different apps..

MX Player and Next Browser.. MX Player there was actually tons of others stating the same problem on reviews dev responded and uploaded a fix..

On Next Browser I was having the same problem and emailed the dev and magically the problem went away an hour or 2 later..

But I also installed Play Store V4.3.10 that was leaked which I was thinking might be the problem...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2013 12:14 AM
    I'm having that problem on my note 2 but tha app is Samsung push, and same thing on my acer A500 tablet twitter gives me package file invalid

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-08-2013 12:18 AM
    I have had this happen occasion over the last several years. It seems app specific or Google not particularly a Samsung issue. Happened from time to time on my former HTC.

One thing I noticed--if you persist and don't believe the error message you get, it usually works out. That is, try to dl once, invalid package file. Second time, incorrect link or something. Third time--it downloads. It's amazing how many times I have seen that on the occasional app that creates a problem. For me the only app that was doing this since I got my S4 was TripAdvisor's free city guides. They are now downloading normally.
    08-08-2013 11:20 AM
    I have had this happen occasion over the last several years. It seems app specific or Google not particularly a Samsung issue. Happened from time to time on my former HTC.

One thing I noticed--if you persist and don't believe the error message you get, it usually works out. That is, try to dl once, invalid package file. Second time, incorrect link or something. Third time--it downloads. It's amazing how many times I have seen that on the occasional app that creates a problem. For me the only app that was doing this since I got my S4 was TripAdvisor's free city guides. They are now downloading normally.
    Yeah, sometimes it's just a problem with Google as well. Generally, if I get an error like this, the first thing I do is wait 12-24 hours to see if the issue resolves itself, as well check the forums here to see if anyone else has similar issues.
    08-08-2013 12:06 PM
    Having the same problem. Mine started yesterday morning with the invalid error. As of just now it is still giving me the same error. Really frustrating!

Posted via Android Central App
    08-08-2013 12:48 PM
    Yeah, sometimes it's just a problem with Google as well. Generally, if I get an error like this, the first thing I do is wait 12-24 hours to see if the issue resolves itself, as well check the forums here to see if anyone else has similar issues.
    That, too! But I was talking about trying three times right away. It's amazing how often that works--within minutes of the first try.
    08-08-2013 01:17 PM
    Yah i've tried waiting as well, but re-starting the phone seemed to do the trick for me.

No need to restore it. No need to return the phone.
    08-08-2013 01:28 PM
    I am so FRUSTRATED! I updated my daughter's phone to a Galaxy S4, and I am unable to download or update ANYTHING from the Google Play Store, whether it be via Wifi or 4G.
    It's not a S4 problem, I'm fairly certain. I forgot to ask before. Have you used Google's tech support for play store? I have found they do respond and usually have answers. The answers are likely app specific or Google specific. Ask them, see what they say.
    08-08-2013 01:43 PM
    I have this issue as well, I tried everything to fix it nothing worked except using a vpn I used Hideman personally it let me download it off of the play store for some reason. But try to find a vpn that you can download. that is the only thing that worked for me, another weird thing is that google play store just fixed its self randomly a few minutes ago. I can download apps and update them normally without vpn again, but its nice to have that as a backup in case it doesn't want to work again. ^.^
    08-08-2013 02:53 PM
    to fix the issue go to SAMSUNG HUB, you will probably have to update this first, once it is updated it will restart go to the downloaded apps link at the top update the app from here and it works.
    Just did this no problem.

Hope this helps
    08-08-2013 11:18 PM
    I just updated the samsung hub, still getting the issues >.< is there something else I have to do? I don't quite understand what you meant by "go to the downloaded apps link at the top update the app from here" I don't see any options to update anything inside of the samsung hub? (After it already updated itself and the two other apps when I first opened it.) unless you're talking about the application manager in the phones settings, but I don't see any way to update anything in there either.
    08-08-2013 11:51 PM
    I think he meant for apps installed through Samsung Hub (which, unfortunately, I don't recommend since they get slower updates, if at all!). Anyway, in my experience, whenever this happens it's because I'm in an intermittent connection. If, for some reason, the download starts and stops halfway through, the resume happens automatically but the file seems to be corrupt. Anyway, this is obviously a Google issue since it didn't happen until the last couple of updates to the Play Store. That's for the 'Invalid Package' error.

Now, if your issue is that you can't even start the downloads, what I'd suggest (although it seems you already did that ) is to clear Play Store cache AND data, reboot, restart the app. It'll take a while to repopulate your app list, but it worked for me before.
    08-09-2013 08:01 AM
    I tried a number of things including those listed above but the only way I finally got it to work was by updating via 4G and not wifi.
    08-09-2013 09:41 AM
    FYI this is not a Galaxy S4 Specific issue. Was updating a few apps on my Nexus 7 (v1) and got the same error on there. Sounds like a Google Play issue at this point.
    08-09-2013 10:17 AM
    I just starting having the same issue this week with my S3. I tried clearing the cache / data and still receive the error.

The funny thing is that they only apps that don't have this error are from Google. I installed Google Games with no issues.
    08-09-2013 01:59 PM
    From googlesupport.com:

[#10230007] Package File Invalid error when downloading or updating apps

Weve received reports that some users are getting "Package File Invalid" while trying to download or update apps.

Were currently investigating a permanent solution, and there are no workarounds at this time.

Well continue to update this page with developments, so check back soon.

Issue first reported on: August 7, 2013

Last updated on: August 9, 2013
    08-10-2013 01:37 PM
    Thanks Seinx, I'm getting this warning on two Note 8.0s, two S3s and my S4. Kind of a pain, but everything still works on all of them. Good find.
    08-10-2013 03:12 PM
    I just got this on my Galaxy S4

Sent from my MZ609 using Tapatalk 2
    08-10-2013 06:11 PM
    When do you thing this will be resolved. I switched from Apple and lived the s4 but this is ridiculous. We should be able to get the apps with no issues. Must of my apps that need updating are having this package file error
    08-10-2013 11:02 PM
    When do you thing this will be resolved. I switched from Apple and lived the s4 but this is ridiculous. We should be able to get the apps with no issues. Must of my apps that need updating are having this package file error
    It doesn't happen all that often. I've had 0 difficulty this last week downloading, dl'd multiple apps on my Tablet and my phone.

But why not contact Google, which does offer support for Play Store? They are pretty responsive, and they might have an answer.
    08-12-2013 05:42 AM
    try to use and download the hideman VPN for updating apps for any andriod phones....I think the problem is from the internet provider...this is by experience...thanks..
    08-13-2013 07:51 AM
    I keep getting the error when trying to update Amazon Kindle and SeeClickFix apps. On the Kindle update screen there's a link to this statement from Google:

https://support.google.com/googlepla.../3300875?hl=en

[#10230007] Package File Invalid error when downloading or updating apps

Weve received reports that some users are getting "Package File Invalid" while trying to download or update apps.

Were currently investigating a permanent solution, and there are no workarounds at this time.

Well continue to update this page with developments, so check back soon.

Issue first reported on: August 7, 2013

Last updated on: August 9, 2013
    08-13-2013 10:08 AM
    Try turning off your WiFi. I had the same problem with anything I tried downloading at work. Once I turned of the WiFi and downloaded over 4G it worked like a champ.
    09-09-2013 02:22 PM
30 12