I'm looking for the perfect email client and have been frustrated so far. I'm back with the stock email on the GS4 right now. Before I go buying another one I'm looking for recommendations.

- It needs to work with Exchange
    - The pin lock needs to either be bypassed (like Enhanced Email allows) or at the App level rather than the phone level. Because of Android's terrible (my opinion) way of doing lock screen notifications, if there is a pin lock you cannot use a program like NILS for lock screen notifications.
    - It needs to allow for "pasting" of images. The stock email does, but for some reason, Enhanced Email and even the Gmail App do not. Yeah, I know I can save images and then attach them but it should be as easy as copy and paste.
    - The UI needs to be clean, appealing to look at and easy to use
    - It needs to support multiple accounts (I have one exchange account and two gmail accounts) with a combined inbox

Any recommendations? Does Touchdown meet all of those requirements? It seems like I tried it out a long time ago but it had a major shortcoming (can't remember what it was) so I deleted it.
    08-08-2013 06:48 AM
    You may want to try out Touchdown. I think they have a demo period.
    08-08-2013 10:21 AM
    Touchdown is terrible. The interface is crude with a capital "C".

It is all about security so it is designed to isolate your corporate account from all other communication sources on your phone, and that includes mail, appointments, and contracts.

I hate to tell you this but the Samsung client is one of the best I have seen. EE works about as well but has a slightly clunkier interface.

There are other third party email programs but they rarely handle exchange well.
    08-08-2013 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the Replies. I'll likely stick with the stock Samsung email client for now. I really wish Android had a more "ios like" notification system that worked with the lock screen.

IIRC, my original issue with touchdown is that it did not support gmail.
    08-08-2013 11:26 AM