LG Kicks Samsung with new phone

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it amazing that almost every flagship phone out best the Samsung.. The new LG phone is beautiful and intuitive.. Excellent speakers and software optimization that Samsung can't even touch.. No more laggy and buggy Samsung for me.. LG has stolen the show.. Before the fanboys claim it's a S4 copy.. Come guys the phone doesn't have a home button and doesn't even have a bezel.. Lol.. LG FTW
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like an awesome device. Maybe want to use it first before declaring how great it really is. In my opinion, we will use all these phones the same exact way. If you went from an HTC One to GS4 to a G2, at the end of the day, your core activities will remain the same LOL. Here's hoping it will improve your life in some way shape or form.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You really cannot judge any of these upcoming phones until you try them. I had the Optimus G and Optimus Pro and initially I thought they blew away the S4 and the One, but after using the LGs I had to get rid of them. Both phones had horrible call quality on both ends. The cameras were also terrible. The call quality was the deal breaker for me. I use my phone for business and cannot have people complaining about not being able to hear or understand me or asking where are you calling from. This phone may be better and may blow all of the others away, but until we get and try it, the Moto X, the ONe Max, Note 3 and others we will not know what limitations they have. They all look good on paper.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
We all know tech evolves rapidly in the android world. It is just like desktop computers. You stay top of the line for maybe three weeks. The newest flagship will always have a faster processor, more ram, etc. If you need to always be on the cutting edge, you have to go to a very fast upgrade cycle.

As others have observed though, the real world impact of spec improvements has a ceiling effect. In the typical mid range Android phone (like a Droid M) performance is still excellent.

At this point, it is no longer about tech, but implementation. Lg and Samsung both offer fairly meh skins and mess with the stock experience waaaaaay too much, IMO.

Lg will offer better materials and a more viewable screen in bright sunlight. But the battery will not be removable.

Otherwise, it is just the latest flagship and will not be a paradigm shift or a huge upgrade on Samsung or HTC.

Best to just enjoy the phone you have and not worry too much about the newer toys.

I still have no regrets about going with the s4.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
You really cannot judge any of these upcoming phones until you try them. I had the Optimus G and Optimus Pro and initially I thought they blew away the S4 and the One, but after using the LGs I had to get rid of them. Both phones had horrible call quality on both ends. The cameras were also terrible. The call quality was the deal breaker for me. I use my phone for business and cannot have people complaining about not being able to hear or understand me or asking where are you calling from. This phone may be better and may blow all of the others away, but until we get and try it, the Moto X, the ONe Max, Note 3 and others we will not know what limitations they have. They all look good on paper.

We need a review instead of just the specifications on a paper.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it amazing that almost every flagship phone out best the Samsung.. The new LG phone is beautiful and intuitive.. Excellent speakers and software optimization that Samsung can't even touch.. No more laggy and buggy Samsung for me.. LG has stolen the show.. Before the fanboys claim it's a S4 copy.. Come guys the phone doesn't have a home button and doesn't even have a bezel.. Lol.. LG FTW

Yeah it looks like a pretty awesome phone on paper...except for that one thing...it's made by LG.

I trust my TV to LG but not my phone...not yet at least.

Oh and they're a few months late to the party, don't you think? My next phone is the Note 3. My current phone is the S4. LG is not in the equation at this point.

It's the same reason Windows Phone does not have a chance, for me, yet. Too young, unproven, inexperienced, small following/dev support, etc. Same reason I didn't switch to Android until Ice Cream Sandwich.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Truthteller always does this.. He did it with the galaxy phones and all that. Just makes a random post about how awesome a phone or network is versus another with really no backing except reading what others wrote.

Seems like his MO. Does it seem like a nice phone? Yes... But we haven't got to try it so.. Yeah.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I think its a nice looking phone cept' i dunno why anyone would want their power button on the back of their phone. I think on the sides(like normal) or on the front, is better.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I might be wrong but isn't the lg g2 made out of "cheap plastic" like the S4 so why not bash it like y'all did to the S4 or just because it's not a S4 it's different. It could be titanium and still it wouldn't matter as long as the hardware and software is there to justify the price and hype.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using AC Forums mobile app

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My first Android phone was an Optimus V and the radios where the best i ever had in any smartphone i have owned,was not fond of the LG launcher,but i would for sure take a closer look at the G2 when it's available.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
My first Android phone was an Optimus V and the radios where the best i ever had in any smartphone i have owned,was not fond of the LG launcher,but i would for sure take a closer look at the G2 when it's available.

Have you considered custom launcher?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Samsung was gimmicks and this LG has a bunch of gimmicks too. The hardware is newer but their still marketing it behind their new gimmicks like samsung was for the S4.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What is on the market today is based on a product pipeline of 18 months ago. LG does have a "nice" looking phone in the G2 but it was just last year their LG Optimus G (G1) was neither sexy or awesome device beyond that it shared the Nexus underpinnings.

I have had several LG devices and when you compare LG to Samsung well Sammy has several leads over them. First lets talk about Samsungs new 3D memory technology that will be light years ahead of the competition and will be patented. Next battery, do you want a non-removable battery that once it starts to get recharged too many times begins to lose capacity (iphone too) or do you want to swap and go. Do you want to be limited to what you can carry on your phone with 32GB (before formatting, OS, and bloatware) or do you want the ability to carry pics, media, and other material on a microSD card.

Finally lets talk about updates, which in the US are controlled very tightly by the carrier (verizon being last to the party just about every time) yet LG does NOT have a proven track record of supporting their phones or putting out updates. Lets go back to the Optimus G (G1) it arrived with ICS, is stuck at 4.1.2 and will never see 4.2.2 or even 4.3. The G2 has 4.2.2 but will likely take 4-6 months to get 4.3 and likely will never see 5.0. Samsung has at least pushed out updates, the GN2 will likely get bumped to 4.3 instead of 4.2.2 since the GN3 is going to have 4.3 (rumored) at launch so it make sense to just update the GN2 shortly after with 4.3.

So while the hardware looks sexy, it is also like everything else in life. You can have a Ferrari but without the matching engine you really are just for show. Do a quick search on Chinese Ferrari's and the fake one's being made to look identical to the real one's. The difference IS beyond looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo