Every morning I get an unsolicited app installed on my S4 and it is from leadboltapps. I downloaded Addons Delete, Airpush Dectector, and Norton Spot Ad and none of these apps are able to single out leadboltapps so I can delete it. Does anyone know how I can eliminate this annoying app and keep it from appearing on my phone? Thank you.
    08-08-2013 12:30 PM
    Every morning I get an unsolicited app installed on my S4 and it is from leadboltapps. I downloaded Addons Delete, Airpush Dectector, and Norton Spot Ad and none of these apps are able to single out leadboltapps so I can delete it. Does anyone know how I can eliminate this annoying app and keep it from appearing on my phone? Thank you.
    If an unsollicted app is downloading to your phone each day you have a malicious app that is helping do this on your phone. You need to figure out what you installed that prompted this problem, i.e. backtrack if you have installed an app or pack that is doing this. If all else fails master reset and then be careful with apps and other things you install.
    08-08-2013 01:36 PM
    You'll have to check out some of the other malware apps available. My son had one on his tablet that kept stopping his videos from playing and directing him to buy the app in the store. It was one of the apps that had the malware. As the above stated, think about when you first started seeing it and what was installed around that time. Chances are it's a game or sketchy app. It took like 3 apps to find it though. Can't remember which one finally found it but keep trying. Good luck.
    08-08-2013 01:50 PM
    Thank you for your responses. I did a full factory restore the other day. However, I did a full backup before I restored the S4. My phone did not have the leadboltapps malware before the restore so I am going to really have to think of what I downloaded recently in the last two days. Scorpiodsu I think I will take your advise and try other malware detection apps too.
    08-08-2013 11:36 PM
    It's always best to add the apps one at a time to find the culprit. It gets annoying and so does having your data stolen off your device.
    08-09-2013 10:58 PM
    Well, I was able to track down the offending app to Equalizer Music Player that I got off Google Play. I am kinda of surprised that this app may have slipped by Google being it contained malware. Or perhaps Google doesn't check apps before they list it on their Play site. Either way it was annoying but I am glad it is behind me now.
    08-10-2013 03:10 AM
    That's good news, I would report it as inappropriate on the play store and give a 1 star to warn others

Posted via Android Central App
    08-10-2013 06:39 AM