Msm_camera wakelock killing battery?

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yet another battery thread but this one is specific. BetterBatteryStats seems to show this is the culprit to my inconsistent battery performance. Battery nearly dead. This wakelock time coincides with when I last ynplugged the phone. What would cause this? And what exactly is it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This msm_camera thing clearly has some kind of bug in it that causes a sticky wake lock. Anyone that is having battery issues should get betterbatterystats and see if this is causing it. Seems related to the camera (obviously). I restarted my phone, ran it for over 24 hours without using the camera and still had power to spare and no msm_camera wake lock. After using the camera, battery life dropped again and sure enough that wake lock was backandphone showing awake for over five hours, while I was sleeping! Just restarted and recharged the phone. Will see what goes on from here.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

adriantc_ro

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my S4 and after a careful checking it seems I have found how it happens. It seems that when charging with the original Samsung dock sometimes the wakelock happens. I haven't been able to consistently reproduce it, but I am 7 days without a wakelock and charging directly on cable. With the dock I got at least a wakelock every 3 days. Could you tell me if you use a dock?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie