App for document scanning?

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I want to use my 13mp shooter to make an actual text document, not just a picture, is there an app for that?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy SIV using Tapatalk 4

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called mobile OCR that turns scanned docs from your camera into text? not sure if you can then manipulate as a text document.
Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

Prosty

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I looked up document scanner, and it has an ocr plugin, but I cant put it to its test as its in the middle of the night for me

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy SIV using Tapatalk 4

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.haave.docscanner&hl=en&token=ZwtBwhry

I haven't used it on my S4 yet, but I used it extensively on my iPhone 5 and my iPod 4G for about 6 months for copying and OCRing old-style typed historical documents and spitting them out as PDFs.

As long as it translated over to Android OK, DocScanner should be magical with the S4's awesome camera and processing power.

A Freebie version is available but I have only used the paid one so am unqualified to comment.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Google Drive has it built into the system.

I use it for receipts, here is an example attached. I cut off the bottom due to personal information showing.

Attachments

• receipt.pdf
    271.2 KB · Views: 58

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used CamScan on previous android devices and my co-worker has it on his GS3 and likes it a lot. I will be adding it again to my GS4.

David Braggs

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I really liked the CamScanner.It is easy to use.You can first try its free version before buying a paid one.This app help you to auto-detect the edge of the paper and help you to tune the dimentions.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12