Hello.

I'm new to Android and such but after searching and reading a lot of things about battery drain, I have not still found an answer.

I have just bought the new S4 (Three weeks ago) and during the first week the battery drop was normal but this week, I have noticed the quick drain of the battery. I have tried all the tips listed here but cannot figure this specific problem of mine. Usually my smartphone can last for more than 2 days without heavy use but this happened this week. I charged my phone from 20 00 to 22 00 this Monday and after unplugging it, the next morning the battery went from 100 to 60 percent.

Note: I disabled all apps to see if they are causing this but still, battery drains happens fast for the phone.
    08-09-2013 08:18 AM
    Hello.

I'm new to Android and such but after searching and reading a lot of things about battery drain, I have not still found an answer.

I have just bought the new S4 (Three weeks ago) and during the first week the battery drop was normal but this week, I have noticed the quick drain of the battery. I have tried all the tips listed here but cannot figure this specific problem of mine. Usually my smartphone can last for more than 2 days without heavy use but this happened this week. I charged my phone from 20 00 to 22 00 this Monday and after unplugging it, the next morning the battery went from 100 to 60 percent.

Note: I disabled all apps to see if they are causing this but still, battery drains happens fast for the phone.
    Hi Elisa

Is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS on? They will eat away at the battery.

Sounds abnormal for the battery to go from 100 to 60, I see almost no change in my battery overnight.
    08-09-2013 08:28 AM
    Hello.

I found that with my phone, when I got it, it needed a few charge cycles to settle into a groove. Now I consistently get 4-4.5+ hours of screen time, with wi-fi and bluetooth (when I need it). My phone charges once every 3 or so days with the way I use it. And I use it A LOT!
    08-09-2013 08:34 AM
    I found that with my phone, when I got it, it needed a few charge cycles to settle into a groove. Now I consistently get 4-4.5+ hours of screen time, with wi-fi and bluetooth (when I need it). My phone charges once every 3 or so days with the way I use it. And I use it A LOT!
    Yes, I have noticed that. After the few charging, all is going at the normal rate now. I charged it yesterday and things are running smoothly. This morning the battery drain was 96 percent. I have been using Viber and now battery is at 90 percent for nearly 45 minutes call.

Thanks for the reply guys.
    08-10-2013 08:27 AM