My Samsung Galaxy S4 gets very hot when charging.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Basically, when I charge the GS4 it gets very hot with the temperature rising up to 40 degrees celsius. This usually occurs when I charge my phone from 10% (battery percentage).
This concerns me a lot, due to the fact that this has never occurred before. The idle temperature of my phone has risen to 27 degrees celsius; maybe this is the reason; I am not sure.

Is this normal? Does anyone have a solution? Please help me!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's normal. The battery is trying to get as much as it can as fast as it can. Samsung has quick charge enabled so.. Yep.

Plus most of my phones always heated up while charging.. As long as they cool back down after you charge then you're fine :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd say getting use to it. Most phones now a days heat up when charging.. It's unavoidable. They get even hotter if your charging and using them.. Especially when utilizing data such as a mobile connection (LTE, 4g, etc.)

40 Celsius isn't that hot for an electronic. As long as it cools down once unplugged and idle you are good :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Bimal Thapa

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
As per my experiance,I too have same problem just after I updated my software.when I get this problem I deleted all account including my google acct.now it has stop getting hot but as soon as I sign in with google acct.it starts same thing.so can you please try this once.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I just realised that this started happening after the software update. Before that, my phone's temperature was at about 14 degrees Celsius (when not being used) and now it is at 27.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Bharath Babu Reddy

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, I had the same issue with my phone, All of a sudden it used to get too hot!
Checked with Samsung service center later got to know its a known issue with few of Galaxy S4 phones
Samsung service center replaced the battery and now it works fine as of now.

X persson

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
i had samsung galaxy s2 i have never play games every time when i have charge the phone i didn't had problem then i have buy samsung galaxy s4 now i have problem's and i have read some rules
1st of all When u want to charge ur phone turn off
2nd if u have gummy case on phone remove it when u remove it the battery can breath
3rd never use the phone while is charging

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Basically, when I charge the GS4 it gets very hot with the temperature rising up to 40 degrees celsius. This usually occurs when I charge my phone from 10% (battery percentage).
This concerns me a lot, due to the fact that this has never occurred before. The idle temperature of my phone has risen to 27 degrees celsius; maybe this is the reason; I am not sure.

Is this normal? Does anyone have a solution? Please help me!

I've never checked how hot my phone gets but 27?C doesn't sound very hot on a charging phone.
Anyway, there's probably something after your update that's making it get hotter?

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think 27 degrees in that much... considering the temperature in your room is about that much 25-27degrees, I don't think it's possible for the phone to go down to 14 degrees. Maybe before the update, the temp messurement software wasn't accurate....

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
i had samsung galaxy s2 i have never play games every time when i have charge the phone i didn't had problem then i have buy samsung galaxy s4 now i have problem's and i have read some rules
1st of all When u want to charge ur phone turn off
2nd if u have gummy case on phone remove it when u remove it the battery can breath
3rd never use the phone while is charging

Is the heat affecting your phone's performance? I believe not... doing all those 3 things you are saying is really a pain, and if the heat has no negative inpact over your phone's performance, I don't see any reason to do all that.

Relax... it's totally normal. I had an iPhone before, and after playing Real Racing for 10 minutes I could iron clothes with it.... nothing bad happened though ... 2 years old still completely functional .... I doubt anything will happen to galaxy ... I just checked my New Galaxy S4, and on charge it has 31 - 34 degrees ... and it's about 26 degrees in my room. I will see how low it goes after the charge is done.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the heat affecting your phone's performance? I believe not... doing all those 3 things you are saying is really a pain, and if the heat has no negative inpact over your phone's performance, I don't see any reason to do all that.

Relax... it's totally normal. I had an iPhone before, and after playing Real Racing for 10 minutes I could iron clothes with it.... nothing bad happened though ... 2 years old still completely functional .... I doubt anything will happen to galaxy ... I just checked my New Galaxy S4, and on charge it has 31 - 34 degrees ... and it's about 26 degrees in my room. I will see how low it goes after the charge is done.

Yea, I didn't think it would be that much of a deal, but OP seems to be really preoccupied.
Maybe checking the temperature on other phones will ease the OP's mind?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

playbunni7799

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
hey all i have had same problem screen is hot red hot top to bottom and also the back and sides !!!!! i only had the mobile today its running 4.2.2 but just updated to 4.3 we shall see if it was softwear issue ;)

Amir Hosein1

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem in galaxy S5 (gets very hot) and unfortunately my battery doesn't charged and i have to remove battery then it can fixed but another time i have same problem and i have to remove battery again and again....