Do you prefer the stock music app or Google Play Music?

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, just wondering as I have the s4 what app is better to listen to my music. Both came pre installed on the phone but not sure which I prefer. Google play music or Samsung's own music player???

my shiney new S4

realsuprimo

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: stock music app or google play music...

I am using PowerAmp, it's one of the best apps for music out there it has great feature also like the lock screen functions and album artwork. Check out the trial version first though.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

+1 for power amp I cannot recommend it enough. Well worth it for the full version

sent from my galaxy s4

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

+1 for power amp I cannot recommend it enough. Well worth it for the full version

sent from my galaxy s4

Ok well i just downloaded it for my S4 but i keep getting really bad distorted bass in my headphones. the bass is up high but it just gets really bad the more i have it up, the more bass the better in my opinion.

there are alot of configurations you can have though, i guess i just have to figure it out.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I love the Google Play Music app.
I thought it was a joke until I got my first Nexus 7 last year.
It's great and now they even have All access which eliminates my need for Spotify.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Poweramp. .pd version. .takes some time to get the settings just right

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Poweramp. .pd version. .takes some time to get the settings just right

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome Samsung Galaxy s4

Yeah well that's what I'm trying now it's kinda annoying to get use too

my shiney new S4

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

sent from my galaxy s4

Hey, With Power Amp - is there a way to make the song a favourite or 5 star it or thumbs up so i can find it again with out remember the song name?? like it samsung music app or google play music?

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I love Google Music because well, it's google, and the UI is aesthetically pleasing. But the Stock S4 music player has a layered and detailed interface, and has great lockscreen/homescreen/notifications bar widgets, unlike Google Music. Google Music's widgets often seem out of alignment, or inadequate in quick access features. Stock player also has that Music Square feature which I think is pretty nifty.
Even though I use Google Music 90% of the time, I still use the stock music app sometimes and I'm stuck between the two. If Google Music updates itself, I might say goodbye to the stock player.

Scottie2306

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I am confused. I have some albums loaded onto the stock music player. I have just purchased a song, but it won't show on with all the others. It is on Play Music, which I presume is the google one, but I can't get it to give me a list of all the songs, in alphabetical order, like the music one does. Any advice?