10-24-2013 12:34 PM
127 12345 ...
tools
    Can the Obex be used with a glass screen protector?
    No. The case is precisely designed to fit the device with no other accessories on it, so the thicker the screen protector will not allow it to close properly.
    08-22-2013 10:28 AM
    I have a replacement obex coming. I had issues with audio quality from both the speaker and the earpiece. I'm hoping it's just a fluke. I'll report back. I have a buddy who works at Griffin who told me they are coming out with a waterproof case around november.
    Xxw0lfxX likes this.
    08-22-2013 10:18 PM
    We have opened up the pre-orders for the rest of the color combinations for the OBEX!

White with Gray -- estimated to start shipping September 6
    White with Pink -- estimated to start shipping September 6
    Black with Gray -- estimated to start shipping September 13
    SenseMonkey, dorlisa and Xxw0lfxX like this.
    08-23-2013 03:39 PM
    We have opened up the pre-orders for the rest of the color combinations for the OBEX!

White and gray for me. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    08-23-2013 10:17 PM
    White and gray for me. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
    Definitely, white and gray looks awesome! :thumbup:
    :thumbup:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    SenseMonkey likes this.
    08-24-2013 08:45 AM

I'm torn between the Black with Red & Black with Grey

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.
    08-24-2013 08:55 AM
    Yea, they look good too. But I have a white Galaxy S4 and think the white and gray would look better for me.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    08-24-2013 11:49 AM
    Got my order in for the pink and white
    08-24-2013 08:41 PM
    I got mine today! I was worried that it would be to big and make my phone feel like a brick. But once I got it in the case and compared it to the case I was using before, my worries were unfounded. Some observations: I kept my Tech21 Impact Shield Screen Protector on. I had no problems with it fitting but because the Impact Shield is made out of plastic there is issues with what looks like the screens sticking together. The area with the dot pattern does not stick but all around it does. It's most noticeable when the screen is off. For now I will tolerate it because I like the added screen protection that the Tech21 Impact Shield adds. Screen responsiveness is excellent with the 2 layers. As stated in other reviews the back is very slick. The phone has almost slipped out of my hands a few times. I've owned other Seidio cases before and all have had that soft touch plastic that is not slippery. I don't understand why Seidio overlooked that on this case. There are some sound quality issues. Sound from the earpiece and speaker is close to the same as without the case. My wife say's that there is a muffled echo that she hears in here voice on her phone when I am calling from my phone, only with the Obex case on. Also she says my voice sounds like I am talking through a tin can. Both things do not make conversation impossible only tolerable. I really want to like and keep this case. I had a scare a few weeks ago when I dropped my phone head first into a Vodka Lemonade. It took a lot of drying out, taking apart and cleaning to get it to work again so now I am paranoid and having the Obex case on calms that feeling. I have tested it in water and it lives up to its claims. I have not dropped it yet so I do not know how shock resistant it is, but it seems pretty sturdy. I would like to hear if other users are having the same sound quality issues that I am having. I want to know if my case is defective or if it is a design issue.
    08-27-2013 09:13 PM
    Its not just ur case in which people say that u sound muffled. My wife says the same thing however no one else has said this to me. The back is slick however I do like having the added security if I tend to drop it. My only other concern is the flap where the charging port is. I'm afraid over time that this might get worn out from continuous opening and closing. The speakerphone doesn't sound that great to me either.

Galaxy S4
    08-28-2013 06:31 AM
    ...As stated in other reviews the back is very slick. The phone has almost slipped out of my hands a few times. I've owned other Seidio cases before and all have had that soft touch plastic that is not slippery. I don't understand why Seidio overlooked that on this case...
    Thank you for your detailed feedback! For the soft touch coating, our product development team put the soft touch coating on the OBEX through rigorous tests and found that the coating became slimy and rubbed off over time and exposure to water. Therefore, we decided to take that feature off the case to ensure the long term reliability of the product.
    08-28-2013 02:50 PM
    I'm torn between the Black with Red & Black with Grey

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.
    Black and gray unless you are a Red Raider...
    08-28-2013 06:50 PM
    Otterbox just released the Defender for the Galaxy Note 8. I am looking at your company to respond likewise.....!!!!
    fkpalm likes this.
    08-28-2013 08:27 PM
    I just went to order the Obex combo here and don't see it. I see the case, but not the combo. Are you not selling the combo here?
    09-01-2013 11:01 PM
    Well after about a weeks worth of use I am kind of disappointed. First off people are complaining about the audio quality of the way I sound and how they can here an echo of there voice also. I used it for pictures while I was floating in a lake. Once or twice the screen showed some strange disturbances on it. Then when I was done I opened the case to see if water got in and noticed inside the top and bottom flaps that there was a couple of droplets of water. This might explain the strange things I saw on my screen. I checked before and after I went in the water to make sure the case was sealed properly and it was. Also near the top right corner where the case and the screen protector meet, the glue is squeezing out on the screen protector. I am thinking that my case is defective, and will return it. seidioseidio do you think that is the case, and what should I do?
    09-02-2013 05:18 PM
    I hope that's just a fluke I just preordered my pink/white case.
    fkpalm likes this.
    09-02-2013 05:42 PM
    I just went to order the Obex combo here and don't see it. I see the case, but not the combo. Are you not selling the combo here?
    Unfortunately, the OBEX combo for the Galaxy S4 will not be available as a combo from ShopAndroid. You would need to contact ShopAndroid to request this item as we do not have control over that. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
    razter likes this.
    09-03-2013 08:17 AM
    Well after about a weeks worth of use I am kind of disappointed. First off people are complaining about the audio quality of the way I sound and how they can here an echo of there voice also. I used it for pictures while I was floating in a lake. Once or twice the screen showed some strange disturbances on it. Then when I was done I opened the case to see if water got in and noticed inside the top and bottom flaps that there was a couple of droplets of water. This might explain the strange things I saw on my screen. I checked before and after I went in the water to make sure the case was sealed properly and it was. Also near the top right corner where the case and the screen protector meet, the glue is squeezing out on the screen protector. I am thinking that my case is defective, and will return it. seidioseidio do you think that is the case, and what should I do?
    I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the case. Below are a few suggestions we have to resolve the issues:

1) Echo - During testing, we were able to resolve this issue by turning off the noise cancellation feature. (You can turn this off by selecting the button just above "Add Call" during the call.)

2) What sort of "strange disturbances" happen? If you are referring to the screen changing when placed underwater, this is because of the capacitive screen registering the water as a touch. This is something that we ultimately do not have control over because of the way the screen works. If it something else, please let us know and we will try to help you with that issue!

3) Droplets of water inside the top and bottom flaps is normal and will not effect the waterproof sealing.

4) The glue squeezing out of the screen protector does seem like a defective issue and one that we can resolve by replacing the case. To get the replacement, you can either fill out the form on our website or contact our customer service department (832-204-1118) and we will be happy to assist you with this.

Again, I apologize for the issues you are having with the case and thank you for your feedback!
    fkpalm likes this.
    09-03-2013 08:34 AM
    2) What sort of "strange disturbances" happen? If you are referring to the screen changing when placed underwater, this is because of the capacitive screen registering the water as a touch. This is something that we ultimately do not have control over because of the way the screen works. If it something else, please let us know and we will try to help you with that issue!
    The screen flashed white rectangles with patterns of distortion in them. These are similar to the patterns I have seen before when water or moisture gets in the phone. It has not happened since the phone was in the water so I do not think any long term damage has occurred.
    I have filled out an online RMA Request and included a picture of the area where the glue is squeezing out. The Ticket number is 4711790.
    Thanks for your quick response!
    09-03-2013 08:59 AM
    Unfortunately, the OBEX combo for the Galaxy S4 will not be available as a combo from ShopAndroid. You would need to contact ShopAndroid to request this item as we do not have control over that. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
    Thank You! I placed my pre-order today.
    09-03-2013 03:36 PM
    Does anyone know when the preorders placed through ShopAndroid will start shipping?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-03-2013 03:42 PM
    09-03-2013 07:22 PM
    Just as a FYI while the case is great the holster flat out sucks. I bent over today and sheared the pins off the clip, plop there goes my phone on the ground.

Shame too since I paid extra for the holster and only had it for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    09-04-2013 08:57 PM
    Just as a FYI while the case is great the holster flat out sucks. I bent over today and sheared the pins off the clip, plop there goes my phone on the ground.

Shame too since I paid extra for the holster and only had it for 2 weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    I apologize for the issue you are having with your holster. We have notified our product development team of the issue and would also like to get you a replacement. You can file for a replacement on our website or you can contact our customer service department at 832-204-1118 and they will be happy to assist you.
    09-05-2013 08:19 AM
    Does anyone know when the preorders placed through ShopAndroid will start shipping?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    ShopAndroid has updated to show that the Black with Red version will ship around 9/10.
    09-05-2013 10:07 AM
127 12345 ...