SEIDIO Releases OBEX? Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello Android Central!

We are pleased to announce that our OBEX? Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4 is now available for pre-order on our website! We have redesigned and simplified the case to ensure that it is easy to install and devoid of any loose parts or covers. Additionally, our unique tunneling design enables true passage of sound, while the built-in screen protector promotes touch sensitivity and clarity. This is our best OBEX? ever made, and we are excited to finally be able to share it with all of you! For more information, please visit our website at SeidioOnline.com.

OBEX? Case:
CSWSSGS4-BR-2.jpg

CSWSSGS4-BR-3.jpg

CSWSSGS4-BR-4.jpg

CSWSSGS4-BR-5.jpg

CSWSSGS4-BR-9.jpg

CSWSSGS4-BR-10.jpg

OBEX? Combo (Case & Holster):
BD2-HWSSGS4-BR-2.jpg

BD2-HWSSGS4-BR-3.jpg

Pre-orders for the rest of the color combinations for the OBEX are now open!

White with Gray -- estimated to start shipping September 6
White with Pink -- estimated to start shipping September 6
Black with Gray -- estimated to start shipping September 13

If you have any questions, please post a reply below and we will answer them as soon as possible. Thank you!

Last edited:

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Interested however I had a very bad experience with the OBEX for the S3 concerning sound quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Any cases that will fix extended battery?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Co signing this question... I would really be interested if there was one that could fit an extended battery

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

The OBEX case will not fit an extended battery due to the size increase that comes with the extended battery, however, we do have alternative cases that work with our extended batteries. You can find our extended batteries and compatible cases here (this case is not waterproof).

Interested however I had a very bad experience with the OBEX for the S3 concerning sound quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Our product team has done a lot of work since the OBEX for the S3 to make sure the sound quality of the device is maintained with a unique tunneling design for the S4 version.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Question for you. I find it difficult to find quality cases for the Galaxy Note 8. Any plans on making cases for this tablet?

joebogey

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if Seido has any plans on releasing a case that will fit the GS4 with Samsung's official "Wireless Charging Cover" installed?

Just my two cents but from what I've read around Samsung's wireless charging cover is not compatible with any case as it puts too much distance between the cover and base.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Question for you. I find it difficult to find quality cases for the Galaxy Note 8. Any plans on making cases for this tablet?

We do not have plans to make accessories for the Galaxy Note 8 at this time. However, I will forward the request to our product development team.

Do you know if Seido has any plans on releasing a case that will fit the GS4 with Samsung's official "Wireless Charging Cover" installed?

We do not have plans to make a case designed to use this feature at this time. I will also forward this request to the product development team.

Whats the exact thickness of the case?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Dimensions & Weight: 151.38 x 80.72 x 15.82 mm | 55 g (5.96 x 3.18 x 0.62 in | 2 oz.)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks pretty nice! When does it start shipping? I would be interested once I see some reviews.

How is it to put on and remove? I would surely use it on the weekends as we are often by water, but may take it off during the week or swap my SIM to another S4.

A video of the case installation on your website would be nice.

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Last edited:

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Looks pretty nice! When does it start shipping? I would be interested once I see some reviews.

How is it to put on and remove? I would surely use it on the weekends as we are often by water, but may take it off during the week or swap my SIM to another S4.

A video of the case installation on your website would be nice.

Sent from my GT-I9505G

The case is estimated to start shipping on Monday, August 19. The case has been redesigned without loose parts to ensure easy installation when putting on and removing. While the case is easy to put on and remove, constant removal of the case is not recommended as it was designed to be an everyday use type of case and constant removal could potentially damage the case.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The case is estimated to start shipping on Monday, August 19. The case has been redesigned without loose parts to ensure easy installation when putting on and removing. While the case is easy to put on and remove, constant removal of the case is not recommended as it was designed to be an everyday use type of case and constant removal could potentially damage the case.

If I could find one phone for all my moods that would happen but I can't just have one phone...I am married... at least let me have mulitple phones for some fun! lol!

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get this waterproof case but I am very curious about how it handles sounds from the phone - does it naturally muffle the sound (like ring tones, notifications, music, etc)?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Salt water shouldn't cause this case too deteriorate over time or should we rinse the case after exposing too salt water?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty interested in this case for snow plowing season, my S4 is wearing a SURFACE case for summer tree work. I do like the feel of these cases.

Seidio, there are a lot of us looking for an Note 8.0 case in the SURFACE line...

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I just dropped the 84 with shipping for the case with th3 holster. Use fb15 for 15% off. Hope it ships sooner then the 19th

Posted via Android Central App

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered mine as well. Thanks for that code. I was able to save $11 off my order. Can't wait for it to ship. Been waiting for a waterproof case ever since I got mine.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2