SEIDIO Releases OBEX? Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
We wanted to be sure to mention that this is an all new OBEX design with the following features:

1) Slim and sleek design
2) Good sound quality
3) Good screen and screen sensitivity
4) Easy to install with no loose parts
5) Color options: Black/Red, White/Gray, Black/Gray, White/Pink

Last edited:

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Will you be posting videoes on ur website

Posted via Android Central App

We are working on getting a few videos up for you all to see the case. I will post in this thread when we get them up.

I would love to get this waterproof case but I am very curious about how it handles sounds from the phone - does it naturally muffle the sound (like ring tones, notifications, music, etc)?

Our product development team has done a lot of work to ensure the sound quality from the phone is maintained with our unique tunneling sound system.

Salt water shouldn't cause this case too deteriorate over time or should we rinse the case after exposing too salt water?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

We tested the OBEX with salt water and the case was unaffected, however, we would suggest rinsing it off when possible as it will ensure your case will not be susceptible to additional wear and tear.

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to get the pink/white one. I had the Lifeproof case for Iphone 5.. how does this compare to Lifeproof? I have an otterbox on my S4 now and I am not crazy how bulky it is.

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I just bought the Defender from otterbox. I think I will return it and try to scrape up the dough for the OBEX

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The OBEX can go down to 2 meters for up to 30 minutes or down to 1 meter for continuous submersion.

So quick question; i know the deepest you guys said was 2 meters for 30. So if i go deeper; say 8-10ft will water get it? Have you guys tested it in deeper water?

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
When will the pink and white one be available? :) I had a Lifeproof for my iPhone 5, but didn't keep either very long before switching back to an android phone. I can't wait!

JOEY NEAT

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My Obex was delivered yesterday. Very good build quality, no issues with sound or when placing a call, everyone I called said I sound fine. Excellent design, very tight port covers, actually a littel hard to open the port covering the charging port. So far so good!

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So quick question; i know the deepest you guys said was 2 meters for 30. So if i go deeper; say 8-10ft will water get it? Have you guys tested it in deeper water?

The deeper you go the more water pressure that could cause the case to let in water. We do not suggest you go further than 2 meters for 30 minutes, however, we have had some customers go down to 8-10 ft depths and recovered the device/case with no water leaks.

When will the pink and white one be available? :) I had a Lifeproof for my iPhone 5, but didn't keep either very long before switching back to an android phone. I can't wait!

Yea I'm interested in the white and gray. Any idea when it will be available?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The current estimated ship dates are as follows:

White/Gray - August 30
Black/Gray - Early September
White/Pink - Early September

I will update this post as we get more concrete dates for the September releases.

My Obex was delivered yesterday. Very good build quality, no issues with sound or when placing a call, everyone I called said I sound fine. Excellent design, very tight port covers, actually a littel hard to open the port covering the charging port. So far so good!

That's great! Thank you for the feedback!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
The deeper you go the more water pressure that could cause the case to let in water. We do not suggest you go further than 2 meters for 30 minutes, however, we have had some customers go down to 8-10 ft depths and recovered the device/case with no water leaks.

Sweet! And another question, i saw a guy put his Otterbox Armor for his Iphone 5 in water and water got in when he put his Iphone in the case. Turned out that the screen protector he had on his phone was the cause of the leak cause it made the phone less than .1mm thick so it affected it somehow. Does it matter if a screen protector is installed on the phone b4 put into the OBEX? Will that affect the Waterproof-ness? I know screen sensitivity might be affected but that's a non issue for me.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! And another question, i saw a guy put his Otterbox Armor for his Iphone 5 in water and water got in when he put his Iphone in the case. Turned out that the screen protector he had on his phone was the cause of the leak cause it made the phone less than .1mm thick so it affected it somehow. Does it matter if a screen protector is installed on the phone b4 put into the OBEX? Will that affect the Waterproof-ness? I know screen sensitivity might be affected but that's a non issue for me.

I will tell you im using the spigen glass screen protector and home button sticker and its in my obex case and works fine. No bulging or anything. Like they designed the case for seidio glass screen protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22