SEIDIO Releases OBEX? Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think all colors should of been available at pre order. I had to order black and red when i really want white and grey.

AGREE!!! I am dying to get the pink and white phone... however I wish the pink was the whole case and white on the side... I hope it doesnt get dirty real easy =(

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I will tell you im using the spigen glass screen protector and home button sticker and its in my obex case and works fine. No bulging or anything. Like they designed the case for seidio glass screen protector.

Awesome ! I was just curious cause i didn't want to take off my Ultra crystal one in case i wanted to take off the case. :D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine in the mail today and after doing the water test I must say that it is very slim and form-fitting. Although it's early if I have one gripe it's that the back is a little slicker than I had anticipated. Luckily there is good grip on the sides though. I was hoping for the black and Grey one but I couldn't wait and ordered the black and red instead.

Galaxy S4

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey Seidio I need some help with this Obex case. WHy every time I make a call when I pull it away from my face the screen still stays off? I can hang up a call because of that. Its like the Proxy sensor isnt working right with this case.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Can we preorder the white and pink?

We will open up pre-orders for the other color combinations in the coming weeks. When we get a more concrete date, I will be sure to post on this thread.

Sweet! And another question, i saw a guy put his Otterbox Armor for his Iphone 5 in water and water got in when he put his Iphone in the case. Turned out that the screen protector he had on his phone was the cause of the leak cause it made the phone less than .1mm thick so it affected it somehow. Does it matter if a screen protector is installed on the phone b4 put into the OBEX? Will that affect the Waterproof-ness? I know screen sensitivity might be affected but that's a non issue for me.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

While we have had some customers use their screen protectors with the OBEX, we suggest not doing this as it can reduce the sensitivity with the two screen protectors on at the same time. The case is precisely designed to fit the device with no other accessories on it, so the thicker the screen protector, the more risk of not allowing the case to close properly.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey Seidio I need some help with this Obex case. WHy every time I make a call when I pull it away from my face the screen still stays off? I can hang up a call because of that. Its like the Proxy sensor isnt working right with this case.

I apologize for this issue! I have not seen this type of issue with anyone else's case, so I will need to have our product team look into the issue further. In the meantime, I would suggest trying to take off and re-install the device in the case to see if that resolves the issue.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for this issue! I have not seen this type of issue with anyone else's case, so I will need to have our product team look into the issue further. In the meantime, I would suggest trying to take off and re-install the device in the case to see if that resolves the issue.

I have done that and still no go. Im wondering if its a faulty case. I did email you guys. Ticket number 4039136

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have done that and still no go. Im wondering if its a faulty case. I did email you guys. Ticket number 4039136

I understand. I will be getting in touch with our RMA department to push this through for you. Please look to your email for further information from them.

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a replacement obex coming. I had issues with audio quality from both the speaker and the earpiece. I'm hoping it's just a fluke. I'll report back. I have a buddy who works at Griffin who told me they are coming out with a waterproof case around november.

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
We have opened up the pre-orders for the rest of the color combinations for the OBEX!

White with Gray -- estimated to start shipping September 6
White with Pink -- estimated to start shipping September 6
Black with Gray -- estimated to start shipping September 13

I'm torn between the Black with Red & Black with Grey

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: [UPDATED] SEIDIO Releases OBEX? Waterproof Case for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Yea, they look good too. But I have a white Galaxy S4 and think the white and gray would look better for me.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

mikenilson

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I got mine today! I was worried that it would be to big and make my phone feel like a brick. But once I got it in the case and compared it to the case I was using before, my worries were unfounded. Some observations: I kept my Tech21 Impact Shield Screen Protector on. I had no problems with it fitting but because the Impact Shield is made out of plastic there is issues with what looks like the screens sticking together. The area with the dot pattern does not stick but all around it does. It's most noticeable when the screen is off. For now I will tolerate it because I like the added screen protection that the Tech21 Impact Shield adds. Screen responsiveness is excellent with the 2 layers. As stated in other reviews the back is very slick. The phone has almost slipped out of my hands a few times. I've owned other Seidio cases before and all have had that soft touch plastic that is not slippery. I don't understand why Seidio overlooked that on this case. There are some sound quality issues. Sound from the earpiece and speaker is close to the same as without the case. My wife say's that there is a muffled echo that she hears in here voice on her phone when I am calling from my phone, only with the Obex case on. Also she says my voice sounds like I am talking through a tin can. Both things do not make conversation impossible only tolerable. I really want to like and keep this case. I had a scare a few weeks ago when I dropped my phone head first into a Vodka Lemonade. It took a lot of drying out, taking apart and cleaning to get it to work again so now I am paranoid and having the Obex case on calms that feeling. I have tested it in water and it lives up to its claims. I have not dropped it yet so I do not know how shock resistant it is, but it seems pretty sturdy. I would like to hear if other users are having the same sound quality issues that I am having. I want to know if my case is defective or if it is a design issue.

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Its not just ur case in which people say that u sound muffled. My wife says the same thing however no one else has said this to me. The back is slick however I do like having the added security if I tend to drop it. My only other concern is the flap where the charging port is. I'm afraid over time that this might get worn out from continuous opening and closing. The speakerphone doesn't sound that great to me either.

Galaxy S4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie