On my previous phone I could either answer, send a call to voicemail or ignore. Ignoring would silence the call and return you to what you were doing. It is handy when busy and not letting the caller know that you don't want to talk to them. Anyway to do this?
    08-12-2013 08:17 PM
    Instead of swiping the phone icon to the right, you swype the X....to the left ............
    08-12-2013 08:38 PM
    I thought swiping to the left declines the call and sends them straight to voice mail.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    08-12-2013 08:44 PM
    Turn the phone face down while its ringing it will silence it. Not sure if you can continue what you were doing though.

Sent From Planet Books!
    08-12-2013 08:54 PM
    On my previous phone I could either answer, send a call to voicemail or ignore. Ignoring would silence the call and return you to what you were doing. It is handy when busy and not letting the caller know that you don't want to talk to them. Anyway to do this?
    You mean silence a call...press one of the volume buttons when the phone rings...this will silence the ringer but it wont hang up the call
    JayInNJ likes this.
    08-12-2013 10:04 PM
    I thought swiping to the left declines the call and sends them straight to voice mail.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    According to his post, that is exactly what he wants to do ...
    08-12-2013 10:29 PM
    Try this. When someone calls don't look at your phone. Whatever you do DON'T answer it. This is the most effective way to ignore a call. Trust me, it works everytime! You're welcome.

Sent from Ravenholm.
    08-12-2013 10:40 PM
    You mean silence a call...press one of the volume buttons when the phone rings...this will silence the ringer but it wont hang up the call
    I think that's exactly the right answer. I think hitting the power button also does the same thing.
    08-12-2013 10:48 PM
    This ^
    Best answer.

Try this. When someone calls don't look at your phone. Whatever you do DON'T answer it. This is the most effective way to ignore a call. Trust me, it works everytime! You're welcome.

Sent from Ravenholm.
    This one ^ made me laugh so hard :rolleyes: my stomach hurts and tears came out of my eyes!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    08-12-2013 10:54 PM
    That sounds like what I want. I will try that next time.
    08-13-2013 06:25 AM
    Pressing any of the side buttons (Volume rocker and/or Power button) will silence the call and NOT send it to voicemail. However, something I've found VERY annoying is that the call screen is still there. No way to press the Home Button or Back button or whatever button and keep on using your phone... It's just silenced, not dismissed.
    08-13-2013 10:31 AM
    Pressing any of the side buttons (Volume rocker and/or Power button) will silence the call and NOT send it to voicemail. However, something I've found VERY annoying is that the call screen is still there. No way to press the Home Button or Back button or whatever button and keep on using your phone... It's just silenced, not dismissed.
    Yes that Is what I was hoping for. I am used to that on my former blackberry phone. Just a small annoyance .
    08-13-2013 11:18 AM
    Even more so that this was the way my old Note 2 and GSII handled calls as well! Why on Earth did they choose to make it this way on the S4? I guess a third-party dialer would help?
    08-13-2013 12:06 PM
    I use a program called, Call Control, you can send callers directly to voice mail or pickup-hangup automatically. Also its awesome for blocking telemarketing type calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Russ in Houston likes this.
    08-13-2013 01:11 PM
    +1 - agree!
    I use a program called, Call Control, you can send callers directly to voice mail or pickup-hangup automatically. Also its awesome for blocking telemarketing type calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Russ in Houston likes this.
    08-13-2013 05:38 PM