My predictive keyboard no longer works

Craig Sieben

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
For the first few months I was amazed by my S4's predictive keyboard and using continuous input was the fastest and easiest way to input but so thing changed in the last few days, it does not remember old words I used and is not learning new ones either. I also find that It is making far more predictive errors, when before I found it almost intuitive.

To my knowledge I have not changed any setting and so I am concerned it is because of an update or an app.

I am not sure what other info to supply- any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-13-11-45-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-13-11-45-21.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 15

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For the first few months I was amazed by my S4's predictive keyboard and using continuous input was the fastest and easiest way to input but so thing changed in the last few days, it does not remember old words I used and is not learning new ones either. I also find that It is making far more predictive errors, when before I found it almost intuitive.

To my knowledge I have not changed any setting and so I am concerned it is because of an update or an app.

I am not sure what other info to supply- any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums!!
Try Settings>Application Manager>Samsung Keyboard>Clear Cache. See if that helps.

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use SlideIT keyboard. Although the internal one is good, having to tap twice to find the comma was bad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Craig Sieben

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I gave it a try and the performance seems to have improved (accuracy of predicting words) but it is still not recognizing words which I use regularly and it does not learn new words... Anything else I could try?