When I use NFC to beam a contact to another S4, the contact comes across fine, but the contact's photo does not. Is there any way to make it beam the contact's photo as well when you beam a contact?

-Joe
    08-14-2013 12:14 AM
    When I use NFC to beam a contact to another S4, the contact comes across fine, but the contact's photo does not. Is there any way to make it beam the contact's photo as well when you beam a contact?

-Joe
    I haven't tried to use NFC to send a contact, but one thing you might want to check is where the contact is getting the photo from. If you use FB to "Sync with Existing" or "Sync All", the picture might be coming from their account and isn't technically saved to the contact.
    08-14-2013 01:27 AM
    I haven't tried to use NFC to send a contact, but one thing you might want to check is where the contact is getting the photo from. If you use FB to "Sync with Existing" or "Sync All", the picture might be coming from their account and isn't technically saved to the contact.
    True, most of my contact photos are from Facebook, but if the Contacts app has access to the photo (regardless of where it's from), it should be able to beam it.

-Joe
    08-14-2013 09:22 AM
    True, most of my contact photos are from Facebook, but if the Contacts app has access to the photo (regardless of where it's from), it should be able to beam it.

-Joe
    Contacts app uses only the information "you" have personally added to a person, even if it pools several different social profiles. If you go to https://www.google.com/contacts/ and see the contacts there, none of them will have photos unless you have given them one or they have a Google+ profile. For this reason, I try to copy any extra info pulled in on a contact from their social files to their contact card, as well as use actual pics of people when possible. I even rip the app icons for use as contact photos when businesses have an android app.
    08-14-2013 02:28 PM