So I know that Imessage is not available for Android and there isn't anything quite like it, until BBM or hangouts are updated to full speed. But out of curiosity what is everyone using as a closest substitute? Do you use messaging apps that require both parties to download like Kik or whatsapp? I recently had the idea of just downloading textplus or something where u get a spare #, and just having my gf add that to my contact on her phone too, then when I lose service I can just text over wifi easily. Anybody tried this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-14-2013 03:38 AM
    I use Viber. It's not as feature packed as imessage is, but it's getting there. Every update the developers come out with adds more features.

So I know that Imessage is not available for Android and there isn't anything quite like it, until BBM or hangouts are updated to full speed. But out of curiosity what is everyone using as a closest substitute? Do you use messaging apps that require both parties to download like Kik or whatsapp? I recently had the idea of just downloading textplus or something where u get a spare #, and just having my gf add that to my contact on her phone too, then when I lose service I can just text over wifi easily. Anybody tried this?

08-14-2013 05:24 AM

Viber +1

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk 4
    08-14-2013 05:49 AM
    I use Viber. It's not as feature packed as imessage is, but it's getting there. Every update the developers come out with adds more features.
    Is this one where both people have to have it downloaded?

08-14-2013 12:42 PM
    Is this one where both people have to have it downloaded?

Yes. Here's the link:

http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...com.viber.voip
    08-14-2013 12:57 PM
    Whatsapp for me... or Facebook Messenger. Even my iFriends don't use iMessages between them anymore :P
    08-14-2013 02:23 PM