Hello all. I just upgraded from my nexus 4 to the s4. I haven't received my phone yet, FedEx is currently shipping it. The n4 had an app called android lost that could be remotely controlled and wiped in the eventuality the phone was stolen. Will this app work as well on my s4?
    08-14-2013 07:43 AM
    Google actually has this built in now, but you have to activate it. https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    Activating it is super easy. Just click the link above, then choose the "send notification to device" link. You'll get a notification that you can activate it from there.

That being said, it's a bit limited compared to other options that offer things like sounding alarms, changing passcodes, taking pictures/sound/video, etc. Sure it wipes the phone, which is nice, but there are tons of other options, including the Android Lost app:

I personally use Cerberus

And of course there are quite few other apps as well.
    08-14-2013 08:00 AM
    Go to settings>more>security>device managers check the box for android device manager and you can remotely locate and wipe. Proprietary function now.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk 4
    08-14-2013 08:02 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip guys. I did t use the Google device manager because it required me to do a system reset before my device could be wiped in the future. Which I didn't know about until a few days later. But I'm glad I found this out now rather then after when I'm freaking out about losing and possibly having my n4 stolen. But I installed that android lost on my n4 and want to do the same with my s4 when I eventually receive it.
    08-14-2013 02:34 PM