SPIGEN SGP Screen Protector Glass Slim GLAS.t NANO SLIM loosing its seal.

jmbaker3

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the Nano Slim glass protector for my S4. Application went well considering my shaky hands. Dropped the protector onto the phone and got a perfect fit. Then pushed out one bubble at the top and was pretty proud of my new protector. Was showing it off to friends who also have the S4. I have had it on for about 2 weeks and I noticed the top edges, left and right are looking like they are lifting. No seal. I was recently in NC on a trip and there has been considerable rain and humidity. The phone was never exposed to the rain. I am wondering if the humidity could be causing this effect. Very disappointed after I did what I thought was such a good job of applying. I cleaned the screen well before applying, etc.

Attachments

• P1000118.jpg
    P1000118.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 191

jmbaker3

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I did...they want me to return it to Amazon and then have a replacement sent. I would prefer to leave it on phone til a new one shows up and have offered for them to charge me for a new one and credit when I return the problem one... will see what happens.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I just installed one of these on my new 32GB and have this same problem right out of the gate. I have the GlasTr slim on my old 16GB and have never had a problem with it.
I might just order another GlasTr Slim as I think it's a superior product over this new nano.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Spigen recommends using a case with these screen protectors, "to prevent any excess force from coming in contact with the edges of the screen protector." I wonder if that would help with this problem too.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the nano slim and I was using a Speck CandyShell case and my screen just broke :( I know not everything can protect your phone, but I'm still sad! Thank goodness Spigen has that warranty program thingy so I can get a cheaper protector again. The nano slim and my screen both shattered. It put up a heck of a fight though with how many times I dropped it up until this evening. The gravel won this round unfortunately.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the nano slim and I was using a Speck CandyShell case and my screen just broke :( I know not everything can protect your phone, but I'm still sad! Thank goodness Spigen has that warranty program thingy so I can get a cheaper protector again. The nano slim and my screen both shattered. It put up a heck of a fight though with how many times I dropped it up until this evening. The gravel won this round unfortunately.

I think if you would have had the GlasTr on your phone, your screen would still be alive :confused: I'm thinking about ordering another GlasTr while waiting on a replacement Nano. The GlasTR is the "Tank" of screen protectors and provides some real heavy duty protection.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I think if you would have had the GlasTr on your phone, your screen would still be alive :confused: I'm thinking about ordering another GlasTr while waiting on a replacement Nano. The GlasTR is the "Tank" of screen protectors and provides some real heavy duty protection.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think I will get the nano replacement for a just in case thing and order the thicker one. I'm not sure if the slim or the other one is better thought.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got in both the Glas t Nano and the GlasTr Slim.....................decisions, decisions........ :-\ Do I give the Nano another try or just go with the tank?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got in both the Glas t Nano and the GlasTr Slim.....................decisions, decisions........ :-\ Do I give the Nano another try or just go with the tank?

I loved the slimness of the nano! I think even if I had the slim it would have broke in my case. It was a heck of a fall it took lol.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I installed the replacement nano and have a perfect fit. :) I'll see how it holds up. :-! At least I have a new GlasTr in the wings just in case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech