I am a fairly new s4 user (few weeks) coming from the iPhone. I have a couple of issues and I am wondering if they are a case of me not knowing my way around the device.

Time zone: my girlfriend has an iPhone 5. We visited newfoundland, where we both had no service from our carrier. Her phone automatically adjusted to the new time zone though. I had to play around with settings and change the time manually on my phone. Is there a way to make it automatically adjust?

Emailing or texting photos from the gallery: anytime you do this on iPhone, it asks what size you want the images to be. On the s4 it just sends them as full size. If you attach them from within the email app, it gives the resize option. I like to select photos from the gallery though and share them go email. Is there anyway I can make a resize dialog come up? I find it a little crazy that a feature like this isn't default behaviour.

Thanks!
    08-15-2013 05:43 AM
    I have a different device so the path may be slightly different, but it should basically be: system settings/date & time/automatic time zone
    08-15-2013 08:19 AM
    I have a different device so the path may be slightly different, but it should basically be: system settings/date & time/automatic time zone
    I had that set, but it still didn't change time on it's own when we switched time zones. I had to go in and manually switch it.
    08-15-2013 08:32 AM
    I had that set, but it still didn't change time on it's own when we switched time zones. I had to go in and manually switch it.
    Is your gps on? Not sure but that may alert it that you have changed areas.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk 4
    08-15-2013 09:08 AM
    Is your gps on? Not sure but that may alert it that you have changed areas.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk 4
    Yes its on. It was on when I crossed time zones as well.
    08-15-2013 09:36 AM
    Unfortunately the S4 pulls it's time from the network tower so no connection, no automatic time change. I believe this was the case with my previous (android) phones as well.

I cannot help with the email situation though.
    08-15-2013 10:35 AM
    Unfortunately the S4 pulls it's time from the network tower so no connection, no automatic time change. I believe this was the case with my previous (android) phones as well.

I cannot help with the email situation though.
    That's too bad. Are there apps that can over ride this?

I do love a lot of stuff about this phone...but there are some odd things that defy common sense a bit for me coming from the apple world, and these are 2 of them.
    08-15-2013 10:51 AM