can you create photo albums on sd card?

penguinpower

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT&T galaxy s4 and I have the camera set to save to ext sd card the phone just doesn't have enough storage for the pictures it takes. When I try to create albums and move pictures to them it always moves them to internal storage. Is there a way to change this so my albums are on the sd card instead? Another problem I have that I can't seem to find a fix for is that if I want to copy txt from a message I have to copy the whole message and edit after I've pasted it. Any one know how to copy selected txt from a message and not the whole thing? Any help is much appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, welcome to Android Central! I'm not entirely clear on your problem--you're saying that you have the camera set to save to the external SD, so are they in fact saving there? What do you mean by creating albums and moving pictures to them? Are you talking about using a file manager to create albums on your external SD and trying to move pictures you took to those albums? If so, make sure you're using the correct directory. The external SD card directory is typically /storage/sdcard1, while the internal storage is /storage/sdcard0.

As for copying text--I assume you've gotten as far as long pressing the block of text and seeing it highlight. When it highlights, do you see 2 little arrowheads at the beginning and end of that block? You should be able to drag those arrowheads to change how much text is highlighted. When finished, then hit the copy button.

penguinpower

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about that I left out some details. I am using the gallery app that comes stock on the galaxy s4. When I take pictures it puts them all in one place. If I want to make different albums like work family or vacation and organize them it moves them to internal storage.

With the txt messaging when I long press I get a pop up window with message options I can't get the arrows you mentioned. My friend has a galaxy s3 and I can do it on his phone. Is there an option I need to check or change?
Thank you for the fast response and help.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about that I left out some details. I am using the gallery app that comes stock on the galaxy s4. When I take pictures it puts them all in one place. If I want to make different albums like work family or vacation and organize them it moves them to internal storage.

With the txt messaging when I long press I get a pop up window with message options I can't get the arrows you mentioned. My friend has a galaxy s3 and I can do it on his phone. Is there an option I need to check or change?
Thank you for the fast response and help.

As far as the picture albums.... each folder with pictures on your SD card represents an album. So as along as all your phones are on the sd card and that's where you're moving them they should appear in that album/folder in the gallery app. I would suspect that the folders you created are not on the external sd card. Not sure what file manager app you have but try ES File explorer. You will be able to distinctively navigate between the internal storage and SD card storage. Just make sure you are on the right partitions before you start moving and creating stuff.

For SMS/MMS, use Textra LOL. That's my only answer there. The stock app stinks.

penguinpower

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help I figured it out. You cannot create the album from the app like you said. You have to make a folder in the sd card root and then move at least 1 pic there in file manager for it to show up in the gallery app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463