06-02-2017 09:59 AM
53 123
tools
    I have no screen popping up plez help
    01-05-2014 04:22 AM
    tried this but didnt work, contacted support for help and apparently its not availabe for the usa anymore.
    01-06-2014 12:02 AM
    that doesn't work
    02-23-2014 08:56 PM
    Thanks. The perfect solution for me.
    03-06-2014 06:40 PM
    Everything worked perfectly fine till the point where the screen appears and show my lock screen.

Then I am not able to put in the pin in for my phone.

Is it compulsory to use a wireless mouse to put in the pin or is there any other ideas by which i should be able to put the pin in.

Can't I use my touch pad and mouse on my laptop. I did it but it did not work. Now I am stuck.

Please advise to solve this.
    06-24-2014 10:29 AM
    That's great for you, but doesn't offer anything toward the original post and those that have landed here to try and find solutions.
    07-07-2014 05:48 AM
    Is that really possible? For me it is only possible to access droid screen if I have USB debugging enabled on my device. This means I cannot unlock my phone with a broken screen with this approach. Is there a way around it, or is there something I missed. It would really help me a lot. Thanks in advance.
    07-12-2014 09:52 AM
    Were they able to just transfer pictures or would it be possible for them to transfer recorded audio files?

Thanks!
    07-15-2014 10:07 PM
    Use cloud service too.It's much more convenient.
    07-16-2014 02:28 AM
    Ahhhhh the mystery I played with this for a good day or two and googled it down. The quickest and fastest way is to find a similar phone I had an S4 and used my New S4 before I sent the old one back. Simply take the back apart a by removing the speaker, dividing the phone in half and you will see the video wire (several youtube videos on this but keep in mind your not replacing the screen or diving that deep just need to access the video port). Now all you have to do is do the same to your new phone but hook your new screen to your old phone and now it's like your old phone has a brand new screen (home back button has to be off the old phone but touch is all in the new screen) enable debugging or take all the files off at that point, such an easy way!!
    08-02-2014 11:15 PM
    I just now successfully transferred everything from my husband's phone with a shattered screen and broken digitizer, and USB debugging had not been previously turned on. I was very lucky to already have the Samsung Smart Dock, but considering the other options (losing the data) it would have been worth it to buy/borrow one just for this. Also, both phones will need to be powered on, so if you got your phone replaced by insurance and they didn't give you a new battery, you will need to borrow one.
    Here is what worked, pretty much step by step (after trying all other suggestions and programs on this and other forums):
    1) Connect smart dock to TV and to USB mouse.
    2) Turn on the old phone (assuming Power button still works, you can tell it's turning on because it will vibrate after you hold the power button about 5 seconds), and put it into the smart dock. Wait a minute or so for the screen to show up on the TV. If you can't turn on the phone at all, you may be out of luck.
    3) Use the mouse to unlock the screen, as if you were using your finger. (This may take some practice.)
    4) Navigate to the play store using the mouse, and download & install Samsung Smart Switch onto the old phone. Do the same with the new phone.
    5) Put the phones within 4 inches of each other and open Smart Switch on both of them. Closer than 4 inches seems to be better, up to a point. When I set the new one directly in front of the old one on the smart dock, it was slower than when I moved it about an inch to the left.
    6) From the old phone (using mouse, TV, and smart dock still), select the items you want to transfer, and click Transfer. On the new phone, you will need to accept the transfer at the very beginning.
    7) Wait for the transfer to complete. It took ours about 20 minutes overall, with not too much content (the "old" phone was less than 3 months old when the screen got shattered).
    8) Rejoice that you didn't really lose all your info!
    Hope this helps.
    08-18-2014 01:56 AM
    I'd like to try this but I have never taken apart a phone. Can you please elaborate on which screws to remove on the back of the Galaxy4. (I count 9) Any additional tutorial would be greatly appreciated!!
    09-01-2014 10:16 PM
    these steps worked, I just completed on my S4. found this on Yahoo answers. good luck!

Yes you can. It is simple, but since your screen is not functional, it might be troubling. I'll give you a way to reset it with your hard keys. Follow, precisely. To ensure you that this works, I used my father's S4 to follow the steps. Follow these steps:
    1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the following key say the same time:
    - volume UP key (it should be up)
    - home key
    - power key
    3. When the phone vibrates release the POWER key, but keep on holding the other two.
    4. Then just count till 5 and release all keys.
    5. Press the volume down key 3 times ( do it slowly so you won't mess it up, only and only 3 times)
    6. Press the power button once ( press not hold, careful)
    7. Press the volume down key 7 times.
    8. Press the power key once. (Now everything is wiped out, but based on the information on the phone, it'll take time. So if you've got more data to wipe out it'll take longer. Wait 20 seconds just in case)
    9. Press the power key one last time for reboot.
    09-24-2014 07:34 AM
    With the Samsung Smart dock, how did you get the old, broken phone, to push the image to the TV? I plugged in the new phone and had to tell the phone to push the signal to the tv. But since the old phone screen is broken i cannot tell it push the signal to TV.
    10-28-2014 01:32 PM
    The easiest method (without need for all the USB Debugging Mode, etc) is to use Kies 3. Install it and Backup your phone then restore on the new one.
    12-16-2014 05:13 AM
    The easiest method (without need for all the USB Debugging Mode, etc) is to use Kies 3. Install it and Backup your phone then restore on the new one.
    I keep getting the your phone is not supported by this version of kies error.i have kies 3.
    12-19-2014 08:13 AM
    used find my phone on the samsung page

had to login via my samsung account....

found my phone.. unlocked the previously pincoded screen....

KIES found the device.. now i am happily backing up data. ready for the new device..

History on the phone.... s4 galaxy, dropped hundreds of times.....

camera lens went first, then bottom right corner cracked, then rest of screen cracked (walked into the corner of a table), screen removed for cheap ebay one.. last 2 days.... then broken..

removed all together including the home button... taped the home button down.. still works right now....

had a screw in my pocket as was working on the cars..... screw cracked the main LCD.....

couldnt do anythhing.... needed to unlock phone to get KIES to recognise....

findmyphone......

now time for the Note 4 upgrade
    01-29-2015 09:30 AM
    There was a time when I broke the screen of my Samsung galaxy S4 and used the following method to recover all the data, So I can guarantee you that this methods works, It requires bit of technical work, But you cant hurt already broken phone, So its worth trying, In Order to you will have to borrow the same phone from your friend or some acquaintance, Like if you broke a Samsung galaxy S4 you will have to borrow a Galaxy S4 from someone, the model doesn’t matter any S4 would do.

In this method you will have to change the screen of working phone with the one you broke, As the data is stored on motherboard you will have to get the working screen onto the broken phone and transfer your data to your laptop.

Following is the Step to Step guide to recover data from S4 Broken Screen:

The below process might look complicated, But it is very easy, It will take just 20 minutes to recover data using the below method from S2 S3 S4 Broken Screen. Just follow the steps below.

First of See this tutorial on how to remove the the broken screen and wires of your phone from YouTube.
    Just search for it, Its very easy...
    1. Now take out the tiny screws from the back of both phones.
    2. Remove the plastic cover that is protecting the motherboard.
    3. Now Unclip the display cable from both phones.
    4. Now clip the phone with working screen onto the motherboard of S4 broken screen. Clip of S4 is On the top right corner.
    5. Now turn on your broken phone, Recover the data and store it on your phone.
    6. Reassemble the working phone. Thats it;

I hope it helps you guys.
    05-23-2015 10:19 AM
    Natalia, that's the standard way it's done in a shop. Are you sure you don't repair phones for a living?
    05-23-2015 05:31 PM
    hahaha.. I found this method on some blog, So i thought I should help others aswell...
    05-24-2015 08:55 AM
    Absolute best advice! I did it and it worked now my card and my phone storage shows up on my phone. Thank you!!!
    09-17-2015 01:17 AM
    will this work if the working phone is not another s4 but say an older samsung phone?
    10-07-2015 02:46 PM
    I found the perfect way to resolve this issue. Samsung has software called Smart Switch that can be used to backup your device. I had a Samsung Gallaxy S4 whose screen was completely black. I wasn't able to do anything. I downloaded Smart Switch from Samsung, installed the software and connected my phone to my PC via USB. Smart Switch saw the phone, downloaded the driver and immediately gave me the ability to backup all data and applications from my device. This data could then be transferred to a new device.
    11-17-2015 08:58 PM
    But SmartSwitch only works if you are transferring data to another Samsung phone. If not, you are hosed.
    Jim
    04-08-2016 12:20 AM
    There is nothing related between data in the phone and a watch, dude.
    09-19-2016 02:42 AM
53 123