Case recommendations

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm the type of person that's uber-careful with my phones. I ran my GS2 naked my entire 2-year contract and only dropped it twice.
Both times it received minor scratches to the corners which I fixed with a sharpie.
My GS4 has been naked for the last 2 weeks with no problems, until today.
I was leaning against a pole texting and a rather large woman pretty much slammed right into me, knocking my phone onto the rocky pavement where it slid on its screen for about 5 feet.
The screen was fine, however the top left corner of the silver side plastic suffered a severe scratch.

For a two week old phone, that is a devastating injury. My GS2 was a year old before it was damaged not nearly as badly.
I'm always careful with my phones, yet I never considered other inconsiderate morons who might damage it.

I absolutely HATE cases. They ruin a phone aesthetically and make the buttons and ports harder to access.

Keeping that in mind, what are some cheap (preferably hard) cases that look nice, aren't thick, and are easy to put on and take off?

Posted via Android Central App

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Speck candyshell. Doesn't as a bunch of bulk and looks nice. Feels good in the hand too. I've dropped four times on concrete already and good to go so far. You'll get a million different answers to this question. :cool:

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S?4 with Tapatalk 4

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a decent case off of eBay yesterday. Its called like super armor I think. Anyways, with every phone I get, I visit eBay for accessories. The case cost me $10. Free shipping. I don't think there's a difference, besides price, between the uber expensive cases and the ones I get off of eBay. I've tossed my nexus 4 across the room multiple times. Not even a scratch. I had my Nokia lumia 710 over a year. I beat the crap outta that thing. I had a $8 case on it and I still have it to this day as a back up phone.

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Gotta love eBay. I've purchased plenty of GS2 accessories with no complaints.

My problem with cases is I don't like the feel of every case. It'd be nice to go to my local Sprint store and test them out, but all they carry are bulky $50+ Otterboxes, and they try their hardest to sell them to you.
Don't get me wrong, they're great cases, but they are insanely bulky and don't protect the phone from everything.
A friend ran over his phone with a tractor and his Otterbox Defender was destroyed along with his phone. Why pay $50+ for a case when you'll just have to pay full-freight ($500 in his case) for a new phone when it breaks?

I'll definitely check out some of your suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital