any way to mimic bottom 3 buttons on screen?

pjoseph

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I am in the process of making a mount for the car that I can slide the s4 into since I use it daily for navigation & streaming music.
I would like the front bezel to outline the square portion of the screen only this way I can hide the samsung label and so both sides match I want to hide those three buttons. Is there a way to operate the phone without the?

Posted via Android Central App

shharper

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Try the Nova launcher. Click hold on desktop and then Nova actions. They are all there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

pjoseph

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
I downloaded nova launcher but not following your directions.

If i click on the home button i get the following "complete action using" Nova Launcher or Touch Wiz Home.
If i press "nova launcher"
I have the following:
Import from another launcher
Nova Settings
Restore previous nova back up.
Also all my apps are not shown

Not sure what to do from here

thanks again

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply,
I downloaded nova launcher but not following your directions.

If i click on the home button i get the following "complete action using" Nova Launcher or Touch Wiz Home.
If i press "nova launcher"
I have the following:
Import from another launcher
Nova Settings
Restore previous nova back up.
Also all my apps are not shown

Not sure what to do from here

thanks again

First of all, you would need to finish setting up Nova launcher, which you can do by using the "Import from another launcher option".

Also, the poster above said to long press the "desktop" (i.e. any empty space on your homescreen), not the home button. This will bring up the Nova Actions, however I'm not sure they can actually achieve the same functions as the primary buttons, nor is that a option even relevant if you're already in an app. For example, how would you replicate the "back" button?!?

I have 2 points to add to this:

1. Give Nova launcher a shot. I don't think it will actually help with this specific problem, but it's a great app and allows you to customize your homescreen (easily!) much more than the standard Touchwiz launcher can. That's just my 2?, feel free to disagree.

2. I don't think you're going to be able to really do what I think you're asking to do, at least not without really hacking some stuff on a rooted phone. Granted, I've never tried, so I don't know for sure, but it seems unlikely you can operate the phone without the primary buttons available, and I don't know of any way to "virtualize" those functions.