Galaxy S4 & Playing my Music in Car

tbird669

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S 4...which so far I absolutely am digging...I came from an iPhone 4S which was very nice but I needed a change...lol Anyways I have a 2013 Nissan Sentra that I used to just connect my iPhone thru the usb cable thru my AUX & listen to my music...now that I have the s4...that does not work...How can I play my music thru my car like before? thx again

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That depends on your stereo. Unfortunately, most car stereos have iPod/iPhone compatibility through USB but not for Android Media devices. If you connect your phone to the stereo, if lucky, it will recognize it as an USB storage device, but since the mode was removed from Android since Gingerbread, unless your stereo supports MTP (which I doubt), you won't be able to use the phone like you did with the iPhone. Your best bet would be to connect it through the Line In jack (or AUX) and plug the phone through the earphones jack.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm able to play music through Bluetooth and the USB cord in my truck. I find it easier to just use the Bluetooth though since I usually have it on anyways. The downside to that is the data it eats up while streaming the music from Google play:(

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies...I use my phone on Bluetooth for calls but how do I do it for music? Thx

In my car, I have to say Bluetooth Audio then it starts playing whichever music app I have open. Normally it's Amazon music, but it works on any of them that I have tried.

katokissa

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I, too, am having problems trying to play music through my Samsung Galaxy S4 and have spent hours reading blogs, e-mailing and doing on-line chats with my cell phone carrier and Samsung. I even called GM the manufacturer of my 2011 Chevy Equinox. The USB cable does not work. Samsung said I needed to buy a 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable. I did, but this does not work either. As far as Bluetooth goes, it says it cannot find my device. Got any suggestions?

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2012 Nissan Maxima and my s4 plays just fine with the AUX cord. Just select AUX mode on the stereo and press play on your device. I have no issues.

katokissa

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
My phone is paired with my vehicle through Bluetooth. Is there something else I should be doing? The AUX cord doesn't work. I plug it in and hit AUX on my radio and my music still only comes through my cell phone. I love my Galaxy S4...if I could just figure out this music thing!!! :)

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone is paired with my vehicle through Bluetooth. Is there something else I should be doing? The AUX cord doesn't work. I plug it in and hit AUX on my radio and my music still only comes through my cell phone. I love my Galaxy S4...if I could just figure out this music thing!!! :)
Make sure the aux plug is plugged into your phone all the way. Mine turns off my cell phone speaker when anything is plugged into the headphone jack all the way. I've had cables that don't work well with my headphone jack and it acts just like you're describing.

katokissa

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all of you who tried to help me figure out how to play music through my car stereo. I bought an audio cable and it did not work. I made sure the cable was plugged in securely. So, after a couple more on-line chats, phone calls with Samsung over a weekend, I called their product department on a Monday, thinking I could order a Samsung audio cable through them. The rep told me they do not sell that product but also told me she has a Samsung III and she bought an audio cable through Radio Shack for $10 and it works just fine. So that's what I did and it works!!! I can now play music through the stereo in my car!!! The sound quality isn't as good as what I hoped it would be but I also know there are sound settings in my music app I can adjust. I have to turn the volume all the way up on my car stereo to hear the music pretty good and then when I switch over to a radio station it is WAY too loud. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the quality/volume issue, I would appreciate it!!! Again, thanks to all of you for your help!!!

rocker4unow

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I just bought 2013 nissan rogue. I also have the galaxy s4. I use the mixzing app on my phone and play my music through the aux Jack. I have over 2000 songs on my phone so I have the option of creating playlists, with shuffle on or the entire music folder. The only issue is Changing tracks by physically touching phone on my Mount. I also created a flash drive with 16gb worth of music and it works with usb. Must be formatted fat32 and create folders in the drive. I put 250 songs in each folder and just numbered the folders 1-9 and it worked perfectly. Use your radio to scroll through the folders and you can use your steering wheel controls for volume and tracks.

rocker4unow

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
As far as your volume issues. ... use mixzing. Equalizer helps big time and also adjust your phone volume. My app sounds better than the radio sounds with cds, radio or siriusxm. lol. The equalizer enhances the quality of the sound system in your vehicle at least it did in mine. Go to play store and get mixzing. You may also want to get ES file manager to create a folder for all your music or move all your music to one folder like your ext micro sd.

rocker4unow

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
To clear up my previous post about mixzing. It will shuffle your music WITHOUT physically touching your phone. When you want to skip to the next track then you have to touch your phone. I just create playlists that I hear when im in a mood for a certain genre. Every song is a good song no need to skip lol.