Complete Google Voice Integration

arvobowen

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have just picked up my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and I'm trying my best to not EVER show my real number to ANYONE. I have set up google voice for phone calls and it seems to work nice but now I'm trying to work with my sms/mms messaging. I can send text's out via the google voice app and it works fine but I want a more integrated solution such as the google voice calling portion.

For example... ANYTIME any app needs to make a call or I choose to make a call it ALWAYS shows my google voice number. That way at no point (making a phone call) will anyone EVER see my real phone number. This is EXACTLY the effect I want.

For texting however, I open up the google voice app and send a text and it shows it's coming from my google voice number. That's want I want too. BUT, if I open the stock messaging app by mistake or another app sends a text (using the stock messaging app) it shows my real phone number. This is NOT the effect I want.

Any ideas?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure it's possible. I cannot get this to work myself.
Personally, I use the GV app for texting anyway, which has been mostly replaced by Hangouts.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
For texting however, I open up the google voice app and send a text and it shows it's coming from my google voice number. That's want I want too. BUT, if I open the stock messaging app by mistake or another app sends a text (using the stock messaging app) it shows my real phone number.

Another hole--have you tested MMS? At last check only Sprint & Virgin Mobile users can send (or receive) an MMS via Google Voice. For other carriers you have to use standard MMS and your real number is going to be visible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463