Firefox not closing completely?

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I've ran into this problem a couple times so far. When viewing a webpage in firefox that has a video or ad that plays automatically, the video or automatic ad will start later when the phone is in my pocket locked.
Even if I pause the video ad and then hit the home button to close the browser, it still does it. Additionally, it does it when backing out using the 'back' key next to the home key.

It's almost like firefox is staying awake while the phone is locked for some reason. Anyone else experience this or know if it's browser related?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Make sure u close running apps by holding home key and clearing all running apps

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 4... I LOVE THIS PHONE

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to have to do that everytime I want to close firefox. It's automatically waking itself while locked and running a video on a webpage. The screen is off and still locked when it's making the sound.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a plug-in to close Firefox and is linked in the plug-in section of the app. Same install process as the desk top version.

Bruce_205

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
What is it called? I am not seeing it when searching the available add-ons.

Besides closing the page fully when I am done I would like for video not to play when I go to a page. I have "allow autoplay" unchecked in the settings but on some sites they play anyway, making me manually stop the video. Is there an app that will do this? All these videos are eating up my data plan!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance