Hey everyone,

I bought my Samsung Galaxy s4 a few weeks ago and went out to get a 64gb micro sdxc so I can fill it up with my spotify tracks..

Initially the card simply worked, I downloaded all my play lists and for about 2 days spotify accessed them without issues. Then the next day, tracks were missing which I surely had downloaded, so I rebooted the device and took the sd out/ put it back in, only to realize the sd wasn't being read at all anymore.

The sdxc card shows up in my notifications as this [Blank sd card; sd card is blank or has unsuported filesystem].

Tapping this message pops up the window to format the SD card, which I've tried several times with 0 result..

Other posts suggested formatting the card through windows, but this is temp not an option for me - is there a way to fix the sdxc card with my gs4?

Card: SDXC 64GB
    Brand: ICIDU

Phone: SG4
    Android: 4.2.2

Thanks in advance for your time

Posted via Android Central App
    08-18-2013 11:05 AM
    I briefly had similar issues with my micro sd card but formatting them in the phone resolved them for mr and I've been fine ever since.

Sent from my humble S4
    08-18-2013 12:11 PM
    I think you can connect your sd card to a computer and save your music there, after that you format the card using the phone and thereafter put back your music. I think that will help.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4
    08-18-2013 12:20 PM
    Yeah I keep trying the format option given through the notification of the sd card, which says [blank sd card: Sd card is blank or has unsupported filesystem].

But all it ends up doing is "erasing sd card" followed by "preparing sd card" followed by [blank sd card: Sd card is blank or has unsupported filesystem].

Afraid this won't solve it for me

08-19-2013 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I don't have any pc that can handle the sdxc (sd) cards tho, and the windows updates that should make this possible won't complete either...

Maybe the gods never meant for me to have 64gb of 320kbs Spotify playlists on my phone... /emo

08-19-2013 08:22 AM