Lag issues with Samsung Galaxy S4?

bmx1500

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade from my iPhone 4. I've been considering upgrading to the iPhone 5, but am also interested with the Samsung Galaxy S4 because of its specs. However, I've been seeing some stuff concerning lag issues with the phone, and because I never had any issues with my iPhone, that makes me nervous. Does anyone have any experience with their S4 lagging or do they run relatively smoothly? I'm not 100% sure I'm willing to turn off things like animations (which is how I've seen people correct their problems on Youtube) because I feel like a quad-core phone should handle just fine.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
O M G

Please people, stop beating this tired subject to death. A simple search here will give you all the answers you need, unless of course you are just here to stir up stuff.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
O M G

Please people, stop beating this tired subject to death. A simple search here will give you all the answers you need, unless of course you are just here to stir up stuff.

What kind of a reply is that?

Anyways. From my view of using the UK i9505 I haven't faced no lag but the us versions of the s4 have lag for some weird reason. Guess all american customers should just buy the original s4 and not the network s4 variant

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine has little lag to no lag. Not really a problem anymore since I updated firmware and apps.

+1. Since enabling the developer options in the menu mine runs great. I also upgraded to the latest firmware (I'm on Verizon) and this thing runs circles around my old iPhone 4.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even realize I had some lag because the phone was so responsive - but I did turn off animations.

Then, for a very small but annoying reason, I decided to try a launcher other than touch wiz. I researched and chose Nova. WOW - is this phone fast! I obviously had a little lag which was completely unrecognized and didn't bother me. But I wouldn't go back to touch wiz now.

So don't let lag stop you. Mine never bothered me and if it bothers you, launchers are great and provide so many more options.

If anyone is wondering, this all started because I couldn't stand to look at the orange icon with the white no-person inside for contacts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
There was a little bit of shudder before the latest firmware update but that has been more or less eliminated. There are some instances where the animations might not work as fast as they do on the iPhone, but it's only when your phone is doing something else (updating apps is the most common one for me) but that will be true with any Android phone. It's probably true with the iPhone too but they hide the slowness with splash screens. FWIW, I'm running Nova with the animations turned on and the transitions set to fast.