Hello all,

Couple of questions. Very frustrated by the phones most basic customizations! As always, thanks in advance.

1. I've tried both Chomp and GoSMSPro so far and my #1 complaint is that their notifications sound trumps the sounds I have set for specific contacts. Is there a way to work around this or an app that doesn't do this? I want my notification sounds to ring according to how I have them set in my contacts. I don't want one universal notification for all my incoming texts.

2. Is there a keyboard replacement for the s4 that actually shows emojis??? I have tried Go, Kii, Google, and A.I.type. My work around for the above frustration was to use the stock messaging app with a replacement keyboard, but seeing blanks squares instead of emojis is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated.
    08-19-2013 03:04 PM
    Hello all,

Couple of questions. Very frustrated by the phones most basic customizations! As always, thanks in advance.

1. I've tried both Chomp and GoSMSPro so far and my #1 complaint is that their notifications sound trumps the sounds I have set for specific contacts. Is there a way to work around this or an app that doesn't do this? I want my notification sounds to ring according to how I have them set in my contacts. I don't want one universal notification for all my incoming texts.

2. Is there a keyboard replacement for the s4 that actually shows emojis??? I have tried Go, Kii, Google, and A.I.type. My work around for the above frustration was to use the stock messaging app with a replacement keyboard, but seeing blanks squares instead of emojis is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Can't help you much about the sounds as I don't play notification sounds on my devices. As far as emoji, using facebook messenger (which is what I am using now) or textra (used before facebook messenger) they both have built in emoji in the app. Facebook messenger can be used as a sms replacement app so if you don't mind having your facebook and sms chats shown in 1 app, I would recommend this. If not, go Textra. Maybe it will also solve your notification issues. I haven't found a good keyboard app that is both accurate and have emoji built in. I use Google keyboard by the way. It's clean and accurate.
    dotsgurl likes this.
    08-19-2013 03:30 PM
    You have to go into the Chomp settings and set the ring tones per contact through there, then turn off notifications through the stock messenger.
    I use Chomp and have different custom ring tones per contact.

Posted via Android Central App
    dotsgurl likes this.
    08-19-2013 03:36 PM
    Thank you for the responses. I was able to figure it out and solve both of my problems! Yay!
    08-19-2013 04:58 PM