Is there something wrong with my battery?

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Google services could be the Google Now, Google + and other preinstalled programs by google. You may want to disable the ones you never use and additionally, open up the ones you do use and then go into their settings. From there you should be able to adjust syncing periods etc. I'm guessing you have some apps running and continually trying to sync.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Google services could be the Google Now, Google + and other preinstalled programs by google. You may want to disable the ones you never use and additionally, open up the ones you do use and then go into their settings. From there you should be able to adjust syncing periods etc. I'm guessing you have some apps running and continually trying to sync.

Under settings, it shows that Google services used up 50% of the battery but most of the things are already disabled I think. Google (the blue one) already has Google now off in the settings, Google Plus and Messenger I'm not even signed into. The only ones that are active were G Talk (which I just signed out off) and Gmail.

Also, what's Phone Radio? is that something to do with the wi-fi, that seems to be eating battery as well.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
When I found Google Services eating up my battery at night, I fixed that by turning off "Location Services" in the settings. You may have already tried that, in which case it may be some other Google operation/app running in the background that's eating up your battery.
Phone Radio is your cellphone voice service - your cellphone is basically a computerized two-way radio.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
When I found Google Services eating up my battery at night, I fixed that by turning off "Location Services" in the settings. You may have already tried that, in which case it may be some other Google operation/app running in the background that's eating up your battery.
Phone Radio is your cellphone voice service - your cellphone is basically a computerized two-way radio.

Yup, I turned it off along with signing out of Gtalk. Hopefully that'll be enough. Thanks for the info

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Try to manage your google account as well under Settings>Accounts>Google. From there you can set additional syncing or non-syncing settings. Try turning off location reporting etc.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Try to manage your google account as well under Settings>Accounts>Google. From there you can set additional syncing or non-syncing settings. Try turning off location reporting etc.

Sneaky little Google, I thought I already turned off location services but there's still one on under accounts, thanks tytlyf. Will check back tomorrow.

Aesthete18

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't able to monitor yesterday as I had to use the phone quite a bit. Today, still something draining the battery. 100% charge within 2 1/2 hours battery down to 90%, I didn't touch the phone after charging it, and it's on power saving mode. 1 hour later 83%, although I was using Whatsapp during this 1 hour. If this is normal behavior then please let me know.

I got one question, seems like Google still draining quite a bit. In GSAM>App Usage>Google Services>Manage, there's a force stop and disable button for Google Contacts Sync. Would what happened if I disabled it? Do I need it to be on for anything major?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia