I need some help here, for some reason I am not able to send pictures via text messaging. I was using Handsent, then switch to Textra, but still have the same issue. This leads me to believe the the issue is with something else. I need some pointers to direct me where to look. My camera ISO is set to 200. I did not have an issue until a week or so ago.

Thanks
    08-19-2013 11:19 PM
    Uninstall all the add on messengers you have then try and send one with the stock app. If it works, then reinstall the app you want to use and see if it works. You may also want to try resetting app preferences.
    08-20-2013 09:26 AM
    Need a bit more info. Exactly what is it doing? Error message? Attaching a picture automatically converts the message to MMS instead of SMS. MMS needs DATA to be ON--no data plan needed or used--usage is charged to SMS/MMS. One rare bug--a few users have reported they cannot send MMS if WIFI is even ON but normally WIFI is okay as long as Cellular Data is also enabled.
    08-20-2013 07:06 PM
    Need a bit more info. Exactly what is it doing? Error message? Attaching a picture automatically converts the message to MMS instead of SMS. MMS needs DATA to be ON--no data plan needed or used--usage is charged to SMS/MMS. One rare bug--a few users have reported they cannot send MMS if WIFI is even ON but normally WIFI is okay as long as Cellular Data is also enabled.
    I have unlimited data, so thats covered. I dont get any error message, its like it sits and stalls sending the pictures. It is hit and miss, I was able to send three test pictures, one WIFI off and two with WIFI on. Then later today, I tried to send another and it just gets stuck on sending. The strange thing is that there have been no issues till last week. I am also just using the stock app, I removed the other one.
    08-24-2013 05:44 PM
    Still sounds like a data connection problem. Do you have a battery saver app running that could be disabling data? Just FYI having "unlimited data" has no impact on SMS/MMS which is paid for separately either with a Texting plan (unlimited or one of the older xxx number of messages plan) or ad-hoc per message. At least on ATT and I assume other carriers. What carrier are you on? MMS can work differently on Sprint and Virgin Mobile--they allow MMS over WiFi so bad WiFi or router settings could cause problems for them.
    08-25-2013 11:13 AM
    I have unlimited data, so thats covered. I dont get any error message, its like it sits and stalls sending the pictures. It is hit and miss, I was able to send three test pictures, one WIFI off and two with WIFI on. Then later today, I tried to send another and it just gets stuck on sending. The strange thing is that there have been no issues till last week. I am also just using the stock app, I removed the other one.
    Doesn't sound like Data to me, sounds like a clear cut case or lack of or incorrect APN settings. Are you using an Unlocked phone on your carrier? If you are and you have already inputted your providers APN settings, it's quite possible they require 2 APNs, one for Data, and one for MMS. ( Sending Pics over Text Message )
    08-25-2013 11:32 AM
    Well, its gets a little strange now, I can text pictures (they go out on the stock app as MMS) with no issues when I am not at home. The only thing I can tell is the my 4G signal is weak, like one or two bars. I can even send out on my 3G IP5 with no issues. The S4 is a stock phone, not on unlocked or anything, it worked just fine till a couple weeks ago.
    08-29-2013 08:45 PM