Hi! I'm new; I searched around for the answer to my question but haven't seen it here.

I'm having a problem with the Calendar Reminder alerts on my S4. Frequently I'll set a reminder to do something, but when it pops up, I don't have time to take care of it. I don't want to dismiss the alert because then I'll forget. My snooze options only go up to 30 minutes, but often I won't be able to take care of it until after work. So if I snooze it or just ignore it, my phone gives me the reminder alert tone about 50 times a day. It's REALLY annoying. And even when there is only one active reminder, sometimes it will play the tone 2 or 3 times in a row.

My previous phone was a Droid Bionic. On that phone, a reminder would play the alert once, and if I snoozed it or ignored it, it wouldn't play the alert sound again, but the reminder icon would stay in my notification bar, so I'd see it when I checked my phone and remember to complete the task later in the day. That was great.

Is there some setting I am not seeing to keep my reminders from playing over and over all day, without dismissing it?

Thanks!
    08-21-2013 11:02 AM
    I don't have an answer to this question, but I have one of my own. If you get the Google Calendar app from the Play Store, it's always a little better than the one that comes installed on a new ROM/ gapps. On the old preinstalled Calendar app, I always did the same thing, I'd leave the notification in my status bar so I'd remember I have to do something.

The problem I'm having with the new Calendar app from the Play Store is that when you have a notification like that, it makes the notification LED blink on the phone. I've noticed that this LED seems to "override" any other LEDs. So, for example, if I have a Calendar notification in my status bar, the light will blink white when my screen is off. Normally, if I get, say, a Facebook notification afterwards, the light should blink blue. But because I'm not clearing out my calendar notification (since I use it as a reminder for myself), the light just perpetually blinks white until I get rid of the calendar notification.

I wish there were a way to turn off the LED notifications for the Calendar app, but I haven't been able to find a way to do that without turning off Calendar notifications altogether, which means I don't have the little notification sitting in my status bar to remind me...
    08-21-2013 11:14 AM
    I would recommend Calendar Snooze. It has lot more options and you can add additional snooze intervals.
    08-21-2013 12:15 PM
    Thanks Jons; I'll check that out.
    08-21-2013 12:50 PM