I know you can change the time it takes the screen (i.e. after unlocked) to turn off (the "screen timeout" setting), but what about the time it takes the lock screen to turn off? I have swipe as the lock, when I press the home/lock button and the lock screen turns on, it automatically shuts off after 5 seconds. Though, sometimes i have a whatsapp message or am looking through the notifications (both in/from the lock screen, before unlocking), and 5 seconds it just not enough time. Is there a way to change this? I can't seem to find a setting.

Thanks much.
    08-21-2013 09:56 PM
    I know you can change the time it takes the screen (i.e. after unlocked) to turn off (the "screen timeout" setting), but what about the time it takes the lock screen to turn off? I have swipe as the lock, when I press the home/lock button and the lock screen turns on, it automatically shuts off after 5 seconds. Though, sometimes i have a whatsapp message or am looking through the notifications (both in/from the lock screen, before unlocking), and 5 seconds it just not enough time. Is there a way to change this? I can't seem to find a setting.

Thanks much.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I don't think there is a way to change that, as it is most likely coded in the ROM and is unchangeable. However, you should be able to pull the notification drawer down and read more of the message at once.
    08-23-2013 04:36 PM