S4 won't charge?

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My galaxy s4 will no longer charge. Could cm 10.1 be the cause? If its a bad USB port will I be able to return it? I am rooted I bought it at Sam's I still have receipt. Anyway to unroot without pc?
sent from my galaxy s4

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Update. It'll. Charge when connected to PC. Should I Odin back to stock image then return it?

sent from my galaxy s4

If it charges when connecting to PC did you try any other wall adapters or something else to test the socket? Just to cover everything to take the next steps. I've had several bad wall adapters over the years. So just do a few more tests if you haven't already. Any yes, if unsuccessfully after using different charges and different socket then Odin to stock before returning.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Tried two different chargers and neither will work. However they work fine on my nexus 7. I am curious if Sam's would even take it back

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried two different chargers and neither will work. However they work fine on my nexus 7. I am curious if Sam's would even take it back

Yeah they should take it back. Odin back to stock and test the charger again (just in case). If it doesn't work I see no reason they wouldn't take it back with receipt in return period. Walmart and Sam's are pretty generous with returns.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here's the link to their policy

Return / Refund Policy

Just need to be within that 30 day period and should be fine.

Now if you are outside, you'll need to contact Samsung below to initiate a repair or replacement. And that covers you for a year if it's a defect of some sort which it sounds like here. Link below. Good luck.

Samsung

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This is odd just tested it again now it is working, could my charging port be getting faulty? Id hate to keep running into issues

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This is odd just tested it again now it is working, could my charging port be getting faulty? Id hate to keep running into issues

LOL not sure. If the other chargers and same USB cable is working consistently with your other device but is spotty with your S4 then you may have an issue. And it could get worse or fail completely over time. So at this point it's kinda up to you on if you want to test a little longer if you have some time in the return period or if you just want to return altogether just to be on the safe side. Kinda up to you though.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I am beyond the return period so id have to go thru Samsung. I'm gonna test it for the weekend then decide

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am beyond the return period so id have to go thru Samsung. I'm gonna test it for the weekend then decide

Yeah that would probably be the best thing since with Samsung you get a year for hardware defects and such. So if it works out great for you for a while then you're good. And if problems come up months down the line, you'll still be good within a year. Good luck again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey