Upgrade the stock keyboard?

proels

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if I can upgrade the keyboard on my Verizon S4. I read that the stock keyboard is powered by "Swiftkey" technology. Is the paid version of Swiftkey more advanced than the stock keyboard? Would anyone recommend buying Swiftkey for the S4?

Thanks for any comments!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if I can upgrade the keyboard on my Verizon S4. I read that the stock keyboard is powered by "Swiftkey" technology. Is the paid version of Swiftkey more advanced than the stock keyboard? Would anyone recommend buying Swiftkey for the S4?

Thanks for any comments!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I use the paid Swiftkey on all of my Android phones and absolutely love it. I noticed a difference between it and my stock S4 keyboard.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Used the trial for swiftkey and didn't end up buying it. Wasn't convinced it was that good.. Downloaded Google keyboard and I love it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
All these keyboards are nice and since were on android , we have a choice. Once thing I have not seen on any of these keyboards is the numbers along the top row of the keyboards, like the stock Samsung keyboard for the S4.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Swift key use to be my go to one. Now I'm on Google Keyboard and it's great. Just cleaner and word corrections works awesome.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for great advice, I'm finding google keyboard works better for me than stock.

I normally switch between the stock and Google keyboard from time to time or in a weekly basis.

It all depends on how you feel using them.
But I like them both, they're great. :thumbup::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

The_colombian

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Stock android keyboard is cleaner but nothing beats the predictions on SwiftKey. You can also use two languages simultaneously and the "flow" is great too.

tcrosby86

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had my note 2 since April, and I'm really mad that I didn't know about Google keyboard till this past month. Samsung keyboard is OK,same for swype. Swiftkey is OK, but I have a real problem with the way some of the functioning works with it as far as deleting whole words vs a letter. Google keyboard is exactly what I need.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781