Hi there,

I'm hoping to find out from anyone out there who is using Spotify with their S4. I'm thinking of upgrading my current HTC One S to a Samsung S4 as I would like more storage for music.

I would just like to know if the Samsung works the same way as the HTC with storing music on the SD card and also whether you can successfully use the S4 with a bluetooth car stereo.

Thanks for your help!
    08-23-2013 01:07 AM
    Car stereo yes, well at least I haven't had trouble connecting to friends one as for storage of music that's an app issue not phone

Posted via Android Central App
    08-23-2013 08:17 AM
    Hi there,

I'm hoping to find out from anyone out there who is using Spotify with their S4. I'm thinking of upgrading my current HTC One S to a Samsung S4 as I would like more storage for music.

I would just like to know if the Samsung works the same way as the HTC with storing music on the SD card and also whether you can successfully use the S4 with a bluetooth car stereo.

Thanks for your help!
    From what I have read, the cached music for offline use from Spotify is able to be save to the phone's memory only and no option for save to SD. Hopefully there is an update to resolve that if there hasn't been already.
    08-23-2013 01:29 PM
    Storing music on the SD with the HTC One?! But it doesn't even have an SD Card! :P

Anyway, I use Spotify with an S4 and yes, it uses the SD card for offline playlists. Just beware! (OK, that sounds too drastic, but take into account) Spotify doesn't use the SD card by default or lets you specifically select the SD card for storage (they removed that option some 10 updates ago), but now it automatically selects the 'best' available storage, and by 'best' it means the largest. If you have 10GB of free internal memory and you insert a 4GB card, the app will still choose internal storage over the SD Card.
    08-23-2013 02:19 PM
    From what I have read, the cached music for offline use from Spotify is able to be save to the phone's memory only and no option for save to SD. Hopefully there is an update to resolve that if there hasn't been already.
    Wrong. It can, it just doesn't give you the option to decide which location to use; it chooses the one with the most free space.
    08-23-2013 02:23 PM
    Thanks for your most helpful replies.

When I say 'storage' on the HTC, I am referring to my previous HTC phone which did have an SD card. Unfortunately I had to buy a new phone when I got to Australia because for some reason my European bought HTC did not work in this country. I should have bought one with more storage, I was far too optimistic.
    08-23-2013 05:38 PM